Landing Forums General Discussion Acceptance and Tolerance

General Discussion

Topic: Acceptance and Tolerance - Cheryl Started 8 years, 3 months ago

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
Posted 8 years ago

Gary and Linda’s video on Acceptance and Tolerance is spot on for me right now in my growth. i am aware of fps with my husband that tolerate things I want to change about him rather than rock the boat which comes from fear. I also experience when I have come from a place of acceptance with him.

Posted 8 years ago

It was good for me to see Gary and Linda’s video on Acceptance and Tolerance. I have frighten parts that still thinks that Tolerance is better than not Tolerating. Actually, in the past I thought that tolerating was coming from love. Now I see the difference clearly.

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Tim! Can you give some examples?

Posted 8 years ago

I feel that I am usually more accepting than tolerant since I am doing my best to use the Authentic Guide Lines all the time. I also know that I do tolerate some people. This video showed me that I need to do be more aware when looking at tolerance versus acceptance.

An example of that is how I most of the times I just tolerate my sister in-law.

Posted 8 years ago

One thing I thought was interesting about Acceptance and Tolerance was learning about myself….do I tolerate my actions and thoughts or do I accept my actions and thoughts…

Posted 8 years ago

I can really feel in my heart area when talking about my sister in-law. I have frighten parts that thinks if she was this way or that way I could easily accept her. I have set my intention to connect with her on a soul-to-soul level and with anyone that I feel I just tolerate.

Posted 8 years ago

Before the call, I would have told you that me “tolerating” or showing tolerance was me acting in love. It never crossed my mind that that statement actually was coming from a frightened part of me. After the call, it seemed so easy to see how my tolerance was not coming from a loving part. I have been looking to find areas of my life including myself that I am in a “state” of tolerance.

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Leah. That is a great point. I did not think of that before. I know that I do not even tolerate when I react from frighten parts. I see this is a frighten part that does not have compassion for myself.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Tim ILARIO.
Posted 8 years ago

I really enjoyed the talk on tolerance versus acceptance. I could feel the difference of the two. But just like Leah said, I never realized how deep the intention was when I was in tolerance versus when I am truly excepting. My body knows the difference, but my thoughts didn’t become aware of it until the life lesson talk.

Posted 8 years ago

Great Tim, it has been very eye opening to me to see and know that I first must work on me loving and accepting myself…it definitely challenges my frightened parts. Just talking about loving and accepting myself brings this feeling of openness that wasn’t there before.

Posted 8 years ago

Leah,
What you stated above…”do I tolerate my actions and thoughts or do I accept my actions and thoughts?” That resonates within me.

I can feel it stirring deep inside me. My jaw feels clenched, my solar plexus feel a little nauseous, the center of my heart feels a tense. This is supporting me with seeing another angle of a frightened part of my personality that feels inadequate and unworthy and in turn judges myself. My intention is to continue to feel this frightened part of my personality so I can see it more clearly.

Thank you Leah.

Love,
Kristen

Posted 8 years ago

Exactly Luz…I hadn’t thought of that…I know my body was showing me before, but now…I’m so much more aware of my body and the feelings that occur when I even say these 2 words…I can feel fear…or love much stronger.

Posted 8 years ago

Kristen and small group I really appreciate the way you all are supporting today by expressing your thoughts about what your body is feeling. My fp have a tendency to run from my feelings and not sit and experience them. I’m learning to accept in a loving way that this is a beautiful part of my growth and not something to be tolerated. My loving parts see that in the ways that you demonstrate by sharing the way your body feels when in a fp.
Thank you all.

Posted 8 years ago

With my husband especially, I am more tolerant than accepting. My fps judge his time spent watching TV negatively. I feel pressure in my chest/heart and clenching in my solar plexus saying that. And I also have experienced acceptance with him. When he first told me he wanted to downsize I had all sorts of fps parts become active… We just remodeled, let’s enjoy it. What will I do without my garden? etc. But I decided to open myself to the big picture and what came to me was acceptance of where he was in his life at age 75, his energy level, what he wanted to do with his time. My heart felt open, I felt grounded, present. I am going to use these two very different experience… judgement/tolerance… wanting to change him and openness/acceptance… seeing, accepting, loving where he is presently, as guide posts in learning about myself.

Posted 8 years ago

I have been in the consciousness of Tolerance for a long time. I have also felt the difference when I am in the consciousness off Acceptance. There is a distance there that I was not made aware of until this conversation. The Acceptance is being in flow with. The Acceptance is acknowledging and gratitude of the moment and who is before me. Writing these words makes my chest energy center open up and see the movie of my life where my frightened parts have Choosen to not accept the moment and want to change it rather than being in the moment and seeing it with an open heart and love within me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.