Landing Forums Live Session Discussions Spring Cleaning

Live Session Discussions

Topic: Spring Cleaning - David Started 8 years ago

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Posted 8 years ago

Hello,

Just before I listened to the video on Spring Cleaning, I was thinking about why I had been out of my integrity so much recently with respect to my diet. I had been eating too many sweets and drinking more caffeine and alcohol than usual. I had the thought that I had just fallen into a bad habit and that with a little determination, I’d get ‘back on track’. Much to my surprise, only a short time later, I heard Gary say on the video that things like these are much more than habits. That really resonated with me because I think had I just looked at my diet as a habit, I would’ve missed out on the opportunity to feel my emotions and move towards healing those frightened parts of my personality that need a distraction. I am setting my intention to pause more and check my intention more before I eat or drink something.

~David

Posted 8 years ago

This is very true David. I have also noticed how many times I am choosing to distract myself with food or television, Procrastination, or falling into negative unconscious patterns to avoiding seeing my own frightened parts. It opened up a large frightened part within myself that feels I am useless, and taking up space. My FP’s hold that story to be true about myself. I really felt the pain of that FP and released it in that moment through my tears. I am now looking at that moment from a loving perspective, seeing it as a part of myself that needs to be looked at and loved and healed.
When you felt the opportunity to feel, where did you feel it, and what did that moment reveal to you?

Posted 8 years ago

Luz,

That sounds like a wonderful perspective you are choosing. I’m still experimenting with this. I will let you know as I gain more insights.

~David

Posted 8 years ago

Luz,

Thank you for this perspective that is so true for me as well.

Love,
Soula.

Posted 8 years ago

Hello Dear Spiritual Partners,
During the past 18 months or so, I have been putting much focus on my food addiction. I recognize that my addiction is one of my deepest frightened parts and that healing it will be a path to creating authentic power. I have been working so hard on making responsible choices. Recently, I realized that I have relaxed a little and miraculously (most of the time) I am free from the compulsion to over eat. As I process this, I see that my initial work came from fear….fear that I would be forever addicted. Lately, I have been approaching my addiction with love and as a result the compulsion is lifting. I am exploring other ways to bring joy to my life besides eating. I see this as treating myself with love instead of shame and disdain. I plan to buy a paddle board this week and get out on the ocean, which I love!

My frightened parts become very active when I am experiencing some deep pain and that is typically when I choose to eat to stuff those painful feelings. I still do that at times, but at least I am aware that I am responding to my feelings with fear instead of love. I can always make the conscious choice to treat myself with love. More and more as I continue this journey to authentic power, I am making the choice to respond with love,

Love, Joan

Posted 8 years ago

Dear Joan,
Thank you for your sharing. I feel tears of joy from the hope which I find in your writing.
Since my family moved back home in January, I have stopped going to the gym and have been overeating. My clothing feel tight and my fps have been responding with judgement and harshness to myself.
In writing this, I can see the blame which another fp places on my family for needing to moving back. I realize that I can take responsibility for myself. in a loving way. I feel relief which I am not sure if it is from a loving part or frightened part. I feel the frightened part-the lump in my throat and tightness in my chest. This feels familiar, like a self worth fp. Another fp thinks I will not ever learn how to live from my loving parts. I will start now, by challenging a fp which is afraid of judgement and wants to delete this post. As I make the decision to post this, the knot in throat and tightness in my chest are fading. I feel my jaw relaxing and gratitude. immense gratitude. Thank you for your spiritual partnership.
Love, Jaye

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Jaye, It was meaningful to me to hear that you saw hope in my sharing. For so many years I have felt hopeless about recovery from my addiction. As I continue to turn towards love rather than make choices from fear, I feel more peace and contentment. I am grateful that you did not delete this post. I too, appreciate your spiritual partnership. With love, Joan

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Joan and Jaye,
I have had an addiction to alcohol which I used to stay numb. Through the process of creating authentic power I have been excavating the layers/roots my frightened parts didn’t want to see and feel. Self judgment and unworthiness are the core of what I found. What a powerful opportunity you have here to go deep and pull up the roots of your addictions, actions. What are your roots?
With love… Cheryl

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Cheryl, Self judgement is certainly one of my roots too. When I treated myself with love, then I was able to feel relief from my addiction. Love, Joan

Posted 8 years ago

I’m fighting the same battle with too many sweets and snacks. I recently retired and have too much free time to hit the refrigerator. Somehow we have to so something constructive to break these addictions and heal our inner selves. Any suggestions that have worked for any of you?

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Joan,
Using the tools of creating authentic power have indeed shifted me from self judgment to curiosity and willingness to experiment. Love let’s me see and feel with awareness, but without the judgment. Love… Cheryl

Posted 8 years ago

Hi John R,
I continue to find feeling what’s under the desire/compulsion to eat, drink, etc. to take me to the roots of the addiction. What is it I don’t want to feel? Unworthiness was certainly at the root. What don’t you want feel?
With love… Cheryl

Posted 8 years ago

I guess it may be linked to some type of inferiority or unworthiness. I was always taught that I needed to be doing something or keeping busy all the time. Like the old (and Incorrect) saying that the devil finds work for idle hands. So if I’m not keeping busy I have to do something – and that’s eat! Does anyone relate to this?

Posted 8 years ago

Hi John R,
I sure relate to staying busy, busy. Now I consciously take more time to be still and aware. Aware of my surroundings, notice what I’m feeling in my body, what my thoughts are. It grounds and opens me. What do you feel in your body when you are still? With love… Cheryl

Posted 8 years ago

That’s one of my problems, being still. It’s difficult to meditate or relax since my mind is always going in many directions. Any ideas on meditation?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.