Landing Forums General Discussion What makes for a great life?

General Discussion

Topic: What makes for a great life? - Started 11 years, 4 months ago

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Posted 11 years ago

What I enjoy about practicing authentic power is the it always involves choice. And as a result I believe that a great life (by great I mean from a personal/individual perspective) is the culmination of great choices. The primary choice is choosing love over fear. But what does the choice of love look like in a great life. Here is my try at it.

LOVE
+ Family of origin – making the required peace there and building/developing wherever possible
+ Intimate – Loving & receiving love as best as I can
+ Friends – Loving & receiving love as best I can

SERVICE
+ Doing in the world what I was meant to do – work I experience as meaningful

FUN/INTERESTS
+ Doing things that I love (i.e. travel, cooking, writing, reading)

HEALTH
+ Eating well because it’s delicious
+ Doing an activity that I love

SPIRIT
+ Opening up to the wonder of it all in a way that works best for me

What would make for a great life for you?

Posted 11 years ago

Eric,

It is a great thread you have started.

Right after I looked at the title question, it made me think. The immediate answer that flashed through my mind was: well, any life that is lived as per what Gary explains in his books is what a great life is. I thought that the answer to the question simply involves summarizing Gary’s teachings in the briefest way possible.

And then I read through your post. I realized that you had summarized Gary’s teachings beautifully well. I agree with you totally.

Life always involves choice at every moment (literally every moment and it is just amazing how it works). As Chapter 5 of the current Authentic Power course explains, at every moment there is a fork in the path of life and a choice needs to be made. One path in the fork is always fear and the other is always love. What makes for a great life is simply choosing that path of love and avoiding that path of fear, in every sphere of life as you indicate in your post.

The irony is that it sounds simple, but is actually hard. Of course, great life cannot be something that comes so easily anyway. Just knowing that there is always a fork in the path of life and one should always strive to choose the path of love rather than the path of fear is in itself a great start for a great life. Hard to thank Gary enough for that.

With love,
Sundar

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.