Landing Forums Live Session Discussions Things to work on this year

Live Session Discussions

Topic: Things to work on this year - Cindy Started 8 years, 3 months ago

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Posted 8 years ago

For this year, two things that I really want/need to commit to working on in my life are judging and acceptance. I had some shopping/errands to do yesterday, and while I was out and in the businesses, I set the intention to be accepting of everything and everyone that I encountered just as it all was. What I noticed with myself as I went through this experiment, is that my chest and solar plexus became much less tight and my upper arms became less tight as well. My chest felt expanded and breathing came easier. I intend to continue to work with this as I am beginning to get a larger picture of how much I judge with my thoughts and how resistant I am to acceptance with my life. I feel that this venture should yield a lot of learning.

Posted 8 years ago

Cindy good for you to work on challenging your fp and setting intention to challenge them. I have been challenging my fp on judging especially since I’ve been back in Nigeria. As an example, I had to reactivate my Nigeria phone, it took me four times going to the office to get it done. The first time I went into the providers office building, the second time – days later, the building was closed, they were moving and customers were service out of a van they had set up where you’re standing outside with a crowd of people to get service or you’re sitting at a card table with four chairs outside on the curb with an umbrella stand. The fp came up but I sat with it, felt the discomfort in my chest and stomach, and didn’t react just went along with the process. It wasn’t their fault. My stomach pain eased as I relaxed in it. That’s just one example. The new building is now ready. I was actually amazed because the providers employees were all calm, handling the situation very professionally, quality customer service up to their ability. It takes so much to get one thing done. Yet it gets done

Posted 8 years ago

Thanks Gladys and Cindy for your posts. Great topic – things I want to get done this year. I was with spiritual partners this weekend, and yesterday at the close of our time together I had this marvelous insight about just that thing. But it came a little more concisely than in the next year. I want to stay open and aware each second of my life, and use this time more wisely than I have in my life thus far. The precious gift that I’ve been given of being born and living at this time, in this body and accompanied by all those who support my life. My fp’s tell me that’s a pretty big undertaking, but from the most loving part of my personality, the part the Universe backs, I am setting my intention to stay as open and aware as I can, and use each moment as an opportunity to grow in love. I too am looking at how much my fp’s judge, especially myself, and who and what in my life am I/fp merely tolerating. Thanks so much for your sharing. It’s given me a lot to think about. Love, Pam

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Pam, its good to hear from you and to get your perspective on your journey. For me, I am setting my intention to be aware of my loving parts and to feel that more, my frightened parts so I can get to my loving parts, and being present with every encounter whether with people or the universe I enjoy how my loving parts feel and determined to be more present with those and ensure an environment where I have more of those experiences. Its up to me to create that environment.

Posted 8 years ago

Hello Gladys and Pam,

I very much appreciate both of your shares. With my intention to become and to experience acceptance in my life, I am often times finding that I am becoming aware of my thoughts and the correlation of the accompanying pain in my chest area and solar plexus. The pain is very familiar and something that I experience on a daily basis for the greater part of most of my days. Overnight, this past night, at my workplace, I had the familiar pain very often. I am beginning to recognize that some thoughts that I did not recognize as being judgments, most likely are. I have a long held pattern of fps that believe that I must “look into/think about everything”. I believe that this is based in my making some type of judgment about all sorts of things. Judgments, comparisons, analyzations, all of them, essentially judgments. And inner arguments/judgments with myself. At work last night, I listened to my thoughts and felt the corresponding pain within my body. I did my best to move into acceptance, with brief moments of peace coming through. I found it very difficult to let go of the familiar thought patterns. It seemed though that while focusing on my inner experience, I believe that I was more accepting, (and open to), of my co-worker and I am wondering if that may have been due to my intention to take responsibility for myself throughout the night. I worked to consciously be open with my dementia residents of long term care in my workplace. I tried to consider/experience whether I was care-taking them as I provided care for them. I have a quite long drive on a highway while traveling to and from work. At night, while I travel to work, I really enjoy the darkness as it provides me with time to look deeply into my intention to grow spiritually and to connect with the deeper energies of Love in the Universe. Last night, I had thoughts of turning on my radio, but resisted doing that so that I could continue participation with my travel meditation. I believe that the summation of last night’s time of meditation and intention setting really assisted me throughout my night at work. Upon arrival at home this morning, and as I got out of my car, I was filled with unanticipated thought/joy of how much I enjoy my job! I am unable to share with you how that felt in my body as I forgot to “look”, but I was so excited to experience the sudden thought of appreciation and joy for my job πŸ™‚

Thank you, Gladys for your sharing about fps of shame, unworthiness, and feelings of not being “good” enough. These are familiar fps that I often experience and need to work through while setting intention to create authentic power. I am grateful for your “sharing” experience with the young woman with whom you connected in Nigeria and grateful that the Universe has brought you many blessings from your working through difficult times with use of your courage.

Thank you, Pam for the reminder that my commitment to work to become accepting in my life and to challenge my fps that are judging are commitments that I must work with in every moment throughout everyday.

Love to all,
Cindy

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Cindy.
Posted 8 years ago

Thank you for sharing Cindy. I found it interesting how I to when in loving part of my experience I don’t have as keen of an awareness of what my body is experiencing. Maybe that is because it is not painful as with the frightened parts. The feeling just seems to be normal like its all good. I know that I want more of it. Wishing you the best on your journey Cindy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.