Landing Forums General Discussion the serenity prayer

General Discussion

Topic: the serenity prayer - Sundar Naga Started 11 years, 4 months ago

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Posted 11 years ago

Hello spiritual partners,

Recently when I was looking at the serenity-prayer quote hanging on the wall at my home, I suddenly happened to make a possible connection to Gary’s teachings. Thought of sharing with you. If you like to share your thoughts, eager to hear and learn from them.

So, the prayer goes: “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” It occurred to me that the things I can (and should) change are my own frightened parts. The things I cannot change and need to accept are the frightened parts of others.

When I continue to think along those lines, I feel that as a step further, while I cannot change the frightened parts of others, I can yet help them change them, considering them also to be students in the Earth school the same way as I am, the intention being only in love with no personal agenda. In other words, considering them to be spiritual partners. I feel that this is what Gary and Linda do.

With loving intentions,
Sundar

Posted 11 years ago

A number of years ago, I used to repeatedly read Dale Carnegie’s How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. One of his great advices that have stayed with me is: “Cooperate with the inevitable.”

Just wanted to indicate that I now interpret the above also the same way as “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change”. The frightened parts in others are inevitable. They are not inevitable in a bad sense. They serve the wonderful purpose of triggering my own frightened parts, thereby bring them to my awareness and help me change them into the corresponding loving parts. And, they help me cultivate the loving parts further and further. Just amazing!

With love,
Sundar Naga

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.