Landing Forums Spiritual Partnership Supporting Others

Spiritual Partnership

Topic: Supporting Others - David Started 10 years, 7 months ago

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Posted 11 years ago

I had an interesting experience yesterday. I had left work early because of a cold and was feeling very tired and achy (no doubt, some of my pain were from frightened parts of my personality that were resisting getting sick). Later in the evening, my spiritual partner Leo had called and left me a voice mail to call him back. Still feeling a little ill, I hesitated for a minute, but decided to challenge a familiar frightened part of my personality that always wants to withdraw and disconnect from people because “I just don’t feel like it right now.”

As I talked to Leo, I could tell that he was in a lot of pain, stuck in frightened parts of his personality that were feeling down. Resisting the urge to ‘fix’ or console him, I paused and checked in with my intuition and I got the insight that Leo might be able to support me.

I asked Leo if he would do a ‘role play’ with me so we could experiment and practice spiritual partnership and he agreed. I shared with him something I had been struggling with at work, and asked him what he would say to me if I came to him for support. I could feel his energy shift as he supported me and my energy centers started to relax as I became open to things he had to say that I knew I could use to learn about myself. After our call, even though it was starting to get late, it’s probably the best I felt all day and perhaps that was true for him. I was still feeling a little ill, but open.

Supporting others and challenging frightened parts that don’t want to support actually gives me energy and feels good.

Posted 11 years ago

Beautiful example David of challenging frightened parts of your personality (“I just don’t feel like it right now.”)by using your will to call him, shifting your perception from fear to love. And then checking in with your intuition, with a resulting insight that supported both of you. This is creating authentic power. Thanks so much for sharing.

With love… Cheryl

Posted 11 years ago

David, I love it! What a powerful example of being aligned with your soul.

Posted 11 years ago

David, thanks for you sharing . I felt very supported by you listening to my f/ps that was making me feel very unworthy and when you suggested to role play and discussed your struggle you were having at work I realized I was having similar struggles at work I became more relaxed. I felt a shift in you when I asked if you had experienced these types struggles in the past and found this question helpful to you. I found this to be a good practice of spiritual partnership
blessings Leo

Posted 11 years ago

Leo,

I did experience a shift in my energy from Fear to Love when you asked me if the frightened part I was experiencing related to difficulties at work were familiar to me. The negative thoughts and accompanying pain were familiar – same experience, but different people and events. In that moment, I was clear that the deeper fear wasn’t about work at all. It was about the frightened part of my personality that needs to feel validated by other people, in this case by their affirmation of a job well done at work. The reason this was helpful to me is because I was reminded to take responsibility for my feelings and focus on what I can learn about myself, not on outer circumstances which ultimately can’t be controlled.

I got a sense that you also took responsibility for your feelings during our talk. Do you think that is why you noticed you were feeling more relaxed? Or was there something else that you noticed in yourself?

David

Posted 11 years ago

DAVID
Our sharing presented a clearer example of how I base my self worth on the approval of my work from my coworkers. I see this a F/P of my personality looking for external power and thru this
understanding I am working on setting my intentions to heal this part of my personality and not blaming others or myself and take responsibility for my action by acting from the healthiest part of my personality and show more compassion for my self and others. I am grateful for our experience , blessings Leo

Posted 11 years ago

Hi Leo, I can think of no better way to say how to do this work of healing. Thank you for sharing your example of creating Authentic Power in your life. Hope your healing, both spiritually and physically, are going well. With Love, Pam

Posted 11 years ago

Thank you Leo,

I know that insight will continue to be supportive for you and others. It will certainly be a good reminder for me each day I walk into the office.

David

Posted 11 years ago

Hi Leo,

Thank you for your sharings they have been supportive to me. I too have set the intention to heal the powerful part of my personality that feels unworthy, invisible, unloveable when it does not get appreciation or acknowledgement from my superiors at work. I see that the deeper fear is a combination of not being liked and of loss. I can feel this deep in my solar plexus as a hollowness, a feeling of sadness appears, a burning in the right side of my rib cage and a tightness in my throat. Often I identify with this self image and believe its thoughts and believe that I cannot challenge this. I have had many opportunities over the last month to challenge this and can feel how I am able to shift to a healthier side mostly as an opening feeling on the bottom right of my lower abdomen and more vitality and creativity. A major project has today come to completion and these fps are strong, they fear not getting the “great work” comment from my boss.
Blessings,Soula.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.