Landing Forums Responsible Choice Struggling with my addiction

Responsible Choice

Topic: Struggling with my addiction - Started 11 years, 11 months ago

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Posted 12 years ago

I am not totally sure if discussing this here is ok but want to try.

I have been struggling with my addiction. I am in I’d suggest year 8 or maybe 10 in working through my addiction. Things have improved dramatically since the start of it all but have been finding it hard lately. It’s interesting because I struggle much less with acting out any behavior but rather I feel the ‘exploitative’ energy come up in me and it is just as powerful and at times destructive as engaging in any behavior. Last year I had 9 months o true freedom from the addiction. I was actually repulsed by thoughts of any of it but then I slipped up and it has been difficult since.

I’d appreciate any thoughts/shared experiences.

thanks,
Eric

Posted 12 years ago

Hello Eric.
We are all on this journey to find peace and joy sometimes we slip. It is important that when we slip we dont fall into the victum and judgment roll on ourselves, that will take you deeper into the rabbit hole if I may.
When you feel this exploitave energy come up you need to stop and look at what the cause of this reaction inward is and then take some time to contemplate on the effect it has on you and what it will cause if you act it out. It is as destructive expressing it or not if you cant use your authentic power to figure it out.
The law of relativity is a great source of study and cause and effect also. Transmuting the energy by changing the way you look at it through the eyes of another (using relativity} can often be a tremendous help.
I hope this helps and you find your way back to being strong and healthy and engage the authentic power into this turmoil.
Namaste

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.