Landing Forums Spiritual Partnership Spiritual Partnership with Children

Spiritual Partnership

Topic: Spiritual Partnership with Children - Luz Gonzalez Started 8 years ago

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Posted 8 years ago

I love sharing what I learn with others and it is even more joyous for me to share with children. Children have a way of being present, reverent, loving, and compassionate that inspires me. They also are open to ideas in a way some adults my not be as agreeable to. My boyfriend has two children and before bed, we, (with my two youngest children) try to make a conscious gathering to say a prayer and talk about a particular subject, such as ideas on fear, intuition, and how to hear it, moments from the day, friendships. One night, my boyfriends youngest son (8 years old) Lorenzo had been crying. He approached his dad and said “I have some fears, but I don’t know what to do about it.” I was so amazed to see this beautiful little boy recognize that a part of him was experiencing some fear. As an adult, I have only recently started to learn to speak ABOUT a frightened part instead of FROM a frightened part. The first step is to be aware and Lorenzo’s comment meant he was aware of the emotions he was feeling and asked for help in interpreting them. When my boyfriend and I explained that now that he had identified what he was feeling, he had a choice to continue to be in the FP or choose a Loving thought that came from a loving part of his personality. He said that it was hard to do that. Jose (my boyfriend) used a sport example of a famous basketball player doing practice rebound shots. He explained that the player choose to throw the basketball into the hoop over and over again if he wanted to get better at shooting the ball. Lorenzo understood in that moment that he had to make an effort in helping himself when he was feeling fear, and we would be supporting him in doing this.
We were so happy because we are only now consciously are making that choice, and Lorenzo (and the other children) are getting these ideas in their youth. It is a beautiful thing. Thank you Life School for continuing to support all of us in our growth.

Posted 8 years ago

Thank you Luz for sharing this. Wow, Lorenzo!

I totally agree with you that it is a beautiful thing that Lorenzo and the other children are getting these ideas in their youth.

I have often felt I wish I knew them when I was young. Gary talks about old vs new and about the humans becoming more and more multisensory. There should come a day when terms such as frightened part and loving part and the related ideas become an inherent part of the common parlance among the youth. That would be so beautiful! I love your title ‘spiritual partnership with children’. Thank you again.

With love and trust,
Sundar

Posted 8 years ago

Thank you for sharing Luz! I have been feeling like I am in a fish bowl .. like I have no spiritual partners in my life to experience these teachings but I now realize, OF COURSE πŸ™‚ I have my kids!! How could I forget them lol! I love the idea of talking about ” a particular subject, such as ideas on fear, intuition, and how to hear it, moments from the day, friendships” at night together before bed. Thank you again for sharing.

Posted 8 years ago

Luz, I just realized I forgot to share in my previous post the following incident that took place last Thursday.

One of the components of my teaching style is to share with students analogies, whenever possible, to illustrate the concepts in question. On that day I was teaching wave-particle duality to the freshman chemistry class consisting of several youth. At a suitable point of time I put up on the screen Gary’s quote prior to the current one on the Life School site with the title wave-particle duality explains real life, a quote that happens to mean a lot to me:
“What we think of as physical reality is an intermingling of appropriate realities, a fluid massive consciousness in which each of us exists independently of one another and yet coexists interdependently with one another.”

I explained further something like “exist independently of one another” is a mark of particle behavior and “coexist interdependently with one another” is a mark of wave behavior, and briefly indicated how my actions and words can have an impact on them and anyone of their’s on others.

I asked who all know by heart 1st John 18. A few hands raised. One started to quote ‘there is no fear in love’. I said something like the two powerful ideas of fear and love in the verse together with the above powerful idea in the quote can make a big difference in the way we lead our lives. I added that it is very important to understand ‘fear’ in the verse correctly, which is incompletely or wrongly interpreted sometimes and asked those interested to see me in my office.

I also briefly indicated how Gary, a non-science major at Harvard, went to the seminar on physical reality at Berkeley, got so interested in the subject matter that he learned the science and math needed and wrote a fantastic popular book on quantum and relativity theories, the former being a theory we were discussing in class at the time, and how he later extended the concepts to come up with another amazing book. Again I let them come and see me, if interested.

The response has been encouraging. As you said, it is a beautiful thing to see.

With love and trust,
Sundar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.