Landing Forums Emotional Awareness Sitting with the pain

Emotional Awareness

Topic: Sitting with the pain - Kristen Richardson Started 9 years, 11 months ago

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Posted 8 years ago

Hi David,

On further thought. The initial reaction might depend on the specific nature of the post read and the fp involved. But, as per Gary’s teachings, the final response should only be controlled by one thing: of course, lp.

Thank you very much for making me think.

With love and trust,
Sundar

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Sundar,

I don’t know for sure, but I feel that you may have a frightened part of your personality that needs to intellectualize to avoid feeling, especially if it feels misunderstood by others.

Does that resonate with you?

~David

Posted 8 years ago

Hi David,

Thank you for being direct, plain and frank. I understand I need to analyze it further. I will do so.

With love and trust,
Sundar

Posted 8 years ago

Sundar, for me knowing when I am acting and thinking from a frightened part versus a loving part of my personality is not as obvious as I thought it would be. I personally need tools to help me know the difference. So I scan my body’s energy centers (throat, chest, solar plexus for example) noticing if I am feeling an uncomfortable sensation or a pleasing sensation. For me learning to feel has taken great focus and effort because I wanted to dismiss what I felt as not important. Once I have a better sense of whether a FP or LP of me is active I then pay attention to my thoughts. When I feel painful sensations that indicate a FP is active in me I know that my thoughts at that moment are suspect. My FP thinking is misguided and I work to not act or speak out of a FP. This is new to me and I work at getting better at doing this by constantly referencing and rereading the Guidelines to Creating Authentic Power. I try in every circumstance and in every interaction to remind myself of the first Authentic Power Guideline – Focus on What I can learn about myself.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.