Landing Forums General Discussion Sisyphus

General Discussion

Topic: Sisyphus - Started 9 years ago

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Posted 9 years ago

Chuckling to myself this morning over a situation that I realize (re)occurred yesterday. Readings from Seat of the Soul tells us that situations will continue to reoccur in our lives until we become aware and choose better (my paraphrasing).
For the past 4 years I have been managing the eldercare of my grandmother, father, and mother with the help of a local assisted living/memory care/skilled nursing facility. Last year my grandma and dad passed. There were many situations that arose in my interactions with the facility during this time to which I reacted with big giant FP’s of my personality. I woke up to what I was doing and I thought I had made some headway toward better choice.
This backstory brings me to my new opportunity which occurred yesterday. My mom has Alzheimer’s and is still at this facility. I received a call from the nurse telling me that they were making a change to my mom’s meds that I didn’t agree with and rather than stopping and scanning I was off and running. I managed to reign myself in from being insulting but I could have handled it much better. As I think back, my body felt like a red hot coal.
I have no doubt that I will be presented with another opportunity to get this right at some point in the future.

Posted 9 years ago

Hi Wendy!

I can relate to this. Sometimes I find myself hearing similar thoughts about getting it right, which I am discovering is a frightened part of my personality. This frightened part seeks perfection, measures everything in terms of good or bad and does not honor the learning process, and resists exploration. I feel a strong ache in my chest and a burning sensation in my solar plexus when I remember to scan.

Is it possible that you had a frightened part active when you spoke about getting it right?

Do you think it’s possible that a loving part of your personality sees the interaction as unfolding perfectly?

It sounds like you learned a lot about yourself.

Love,
Sara

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.