Landing Forums General Discussion Silly Question

General Discussion

Topic: Silly Question - Started 11 years, 9 months ago

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Posted 12 years ago

Hi,

This will most likely produce a chuckle but I’d open to the support. About 3/4 years ago I noticed that that my hair was thinning. As a result I went to see a doctor and starting taking an anti-hair loss medication. To my surprise the medication worked very well and some of my hair actually grew back. Obviously, I had not experienced any side effects so have kept taking it.

Recently, I have been feeling guilty about being on the medication. Having that feeling as why do I need to be so vain. However, I have a terrible frightened part about the reality of losing my hair which will happen post getting off this medication. That feeling of not being attractive is a very active frightened part.

I’d be curious and open to the spiritual support.

with love,
Eric

Posted 12 years ago

Hi Eric, First there is no silly questions, if it is important to you then it is not silly.
I can understand the desire to feel wanted, accepted, liked, loved by how you look. My question to you is what is the real intention and the true reason you don’t want to loos you hair? Is it the fear you would loose the personality you ve created so far? What would happened if you didn’t have hair? Or is it just that you like that fact that you have hair and there is no hiding feelings behind it? The intention of you taking the pill is what makes all the difference. If it is because you love looking at yourself in the mirror and know your hair is still there and puts a smile on your face, then that s that. But know that at one point not only the hair will be gone but the rest of your body will be as well, we are al in the same train in that department. We are in this Planet Earth temporarily, Our eternal beings never dies and it has nothing to do with hair πŸ˜‰ My answer to you is that if you choose to keep taking the pill that the upset or guilt about it is optional πŸ™‚ Detachment from outcome is a powerful tool πŸ™‚

Posted 12 years ago

Thx so much for the reply Laura. I genuinely like having my hair as opposed to the alternative. πŸ™‚ but I am also very well aware that there is a huge frightened part around losing it. It is for me the loss of external power (I feel like I can manipulate & control more by feeling more attractive). It is a fallacy but still very scary to let go. What triggered the fear is that some people have reported recently persisted side effects on this medication (fortunately I have not to date). But how sad would that be for me to pay such a high negative consequence in an attempt to hold on to external power.

My net choice is to slowly start the process of coming off the medication with the guidance and support of my doctor. I’ve decided to be slow with this process as I have been experiencing lots of change lately and need to be somewhat gentle with myself.

Thx for your support.

With love,
Eric

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.