Landing Forums Study Groups Sharing Seat of the Soul: Chapter 2, Karma

Study Groups Sharing

Topic: Seat of the Soul: Chapter 2, Karma - Kristen Richardson Started 9 years, 11 months ago

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Posted 10 years ago

Question #3 from the Study Guide: “How many times have you felt hurt and wanted to hurt the person you felt was responsible?” Answering this question as part of my Study Guide Group supported me with seeing a familiar frightened part of my personality more clearly. I notice that if I feel rejected or unloved, a FP will react from a place of superiority. Like, you hurt me….I’m gonna attack you. When I indulge that FP I notice I will make judgmental comments, with the intention of hurting that person in the way I felt they hurt me; With the intention of indulging feeling powerless and unworthy. I can see this FP more clearly, I feel the pain in my head, it feels tight; my heart aches a deep ache; my lower back feels week, my legs feel tight. This FP creates drama and distance in my life. My intention is to challenge it; To recognize the pain when it appears and choose a loving choice rather than the fear based choice.
Love,
Kristen

Posted 10 years ago

I have not recently read the chapter on Karma but appreciate the posts that everyone has written. After last month’s call, I thought about responding here on the community board about someone’s call-in to the conference call. The thoughts of the person were that how could they possibly have ever treated someone else in the same manner in which they were abused as a child. Frightened parts came up in me and I allowed them to keep me from responding. I have posted once before about the abuse that I incurred as a child but since then I have been reluctant to bring it up again because knowledge of the abuse could still (after many decades) bring pain to some people who are not aware of its existence. Being able to talk with others has always been a problem because the situation was held private ever since its beginning. Now, I feel that I still may be wiser to continue thus because how else can I ever tell some others close to me about this website if they were to read such things as I reach out to spiritual partners here? What I can share is that I too have felt in the past that how could I possibly have committed such acts in a previous lifetime? But at the same time, I began to consider the possibility of reincarnation and karma from the age of thirty, (I’m now 54). By the time I was thirty, I had already considered in quite a bit of depth, the type of child that I had been. I don’t wrestle with this question so much now. I accept the fact that I am responsible as a soul for what occurred. I admit though, that there is still work in me to be done because I still don’t like this fact. Which means that I am still uncomfortable with this. I am currently trying to be more compassionate with my former abuser on a heart level. About a year or more ago, we were having a conversation and this person expressed fear of “Hell”. I cannot recall my responses but I do know that I was trying to come from a place of compassion and the conversation helped him to find some relief from his fear. A few months ago I was at this person’s home and he did something which I really did not appreciate. It had to do with how everyone was seated. I had feelings of discomfort about this for sometime afterward but eventually it came to me that in a broader sense, I may share responsibility for some of the patterns of behavior which this person can still display. In other words, on a soul level, what patterns could I have participated in instilling which still come forth today? This doesn’t mean that if things were out of hand that I must allow it. It was just something I thought worthy of consideration for myself. I can identify with the fact that it can be very difficult to accept what karma brings due to the fact that what I experienced can feel so personal and it is hard to understand that karma is an impersonal energy dynamic. I have struggled with– how is it that it is impersonal when what I experienced was so personal? For a long time after beginning to read Gary and Linda’s books I could not quite distinguish that the Universe is compassionate (this I believed) but the karmic experience seemed to me to be a judgement from the Universe. Perhaps part of the dilemma inside of me was due to my own judgement of myself. For a while now, I have begun to see and understand karma better as being impersonal. It is making more sense now than it had before. I am decades from the abusive situation now and older and I can better understand, for myself, that if I had caused someone else to feel personally and up close and emotionally devastated such as I felt myself, then what I experienced was a perfect mirror image of the same. I couldn’t really learn from it if it wasn’t personal. It would be like learning something in school from a book and what a difference it makes to learn from an actual field trip! I AM there! I AM IN it! It’s sort of a “gift” from me,to me. Just try (when the pain is within) and you are remembering, that karma also brings gifts of Love and Joy when we have sent THAT package to ourselves. I have many issues of frightened parts in my life to challenge and overcome to date but perhaps letting go of what is difficult to comprehend and trusting the Universe is often the best way in the present—while waiting upon greater understanding to come as the growth process continues. I hope that this may be beneficial to some. I also am open to suggestion from others as to how can I share openly things which have been kept closed without harming other people and their relationships to each other? I want to seek healing within myself and to be of assistance to others as I may be able to. I don’t know how best to go about this. How does one completely heal if unable to share with others? I feel as though my life is sort of compartmentalized. There are parts that cannot be shared or at least only in certain settings or with (at best) just a very few people.

Posted 10 years ago

Hello again from Kansas. I am trying to get myself to bed as I have a social outing in the morning that is important to me. But I had an insight to share which turns out to be one answer to my own previous entry here and I thought it worth sharing with others. I believe that one way to transcend the difficulty of sharing things openly when some may encounter emotional trauma from learning about things which have been kept from their knowledge is to continue and also to look for creating greater cultivation of true healing in all areas with all of those involved who are aware of the situation of the past and also those who are not and may never need to be aware of it. And to be supportive of these people in a way which is inducive to creating authentic power and being assisstive to them in ways which may help them to reach the love in themselves also whether or not it is appropriate always to let them know exactly what it is that I am doing. I think it may be alright to look for appropriate timing to actually let them know more specifically about creating authentic power. As long as I am not avoiding this. Good night, now. Love, Cindy

Posted 10 years ago

Hi Cindy, For me the most powerful healing comes when I set my intention to act from love. intention is the driving force for how the energy and power of any action revisits my life. Part of looking at my intention involves sharing and involving others in a responsible, conscious way. Do you have a copy of the Authentic Power Guidelines? They are available on the website. As I am better able to sit with my pain, and not want to look outside myself for validation, I am experiencing healing that I was not able to anticipate or even know to ask for. Something that I have heard Gary say many times, that I am a powerful, creative, loving being, has a deeper relevance in my life. My choice is not whether or not to create powerfully, but how I will create. – from love or fear. It sounds like you have been looking deeply into your life with the intention to heal. I applaud your courage. I hope to hear more from you as you gain clarity on your journey. Love and Blessings, Pam

Posted 10 years ago

Hi Pam, Thank you so much for your response. I have made a copy of it to keep for easier reference. I have had quite a bit of revelation in my life this week. I have been asking Spirit to assist me. I have been using the homework assignment from Gary and Linda and working to understand how to be more truly open in a heartfelt manner to others. I have recognized that with a former coworker I had until December, whom I felt was unworthy of my trust, that there were times when she had been open with me from her heart. I always responded to her with smiles and friendly and even open talk, but she probably could feel that I wasn’t open to her from my true heart and this could have aggravated the relationship between us and activated her fears to a point where she feared me more than trusted as well. We activated fear in each other for different reasons. I was always friendly and open with her in conversation and tried not to gossip very much about her when coworkers did. Others found it difficult to trust in relationship to her as well. I often tried to give her the benefit of the doubt and to uphold her in front of others. Still, the closed part of my heart to her was something that she surely felt. I am not suggesting that I needed to let myself be overrun by this person’s reactions, or to turn a blind eye to things which may have needed to be addressed in our work place, but I am seeing that I need to trust the universe in my life and to practice a more truly open and courageous heart. I know that there will always be those in life who activate these fears in me and that I need to practice trust and courage in order to give a more meaningful and proper response when I am in these types of situations. I was with a former coworker on Tuesday and she asked me to drive her to this workplace so she could look into a business matter there. I went in with her and we passed this person’s office with whom I had shared difficulty. I kept an open heart. I was aware if there was tightness in my chest area as I am becoming more aware of this response in myself and how it correlates to my thoughts and actions. I made sure to stop and speak to this person with the intention of reaching out to her in an from an open heart. We had a short but friendly conversation. I may return to work there after my nursing school is over in December and I want to do whatever I can to bring this situation around. There are qualities in this person which are admirable and I would be in a position above her as a nurse. I want to keep her in the loop. I want to keep the door open for her in my heart and also in employment. My friend who was with me said a somewhat derogatory remark later on in reference to this former coworker and I simply stated that I want to remain open. Thank you again for sharing with me. I will keep your note on hand and refer to it as I grow.

Love, Cindy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.