Landing Forums Spiritual Partnership Saturday Life School call

Spiritual Partnership

Topic: Saturday Life School call - Cindy Started 8 years, 8 months ago

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Posted 9 years ago

I had an experience that I have been considering since the time in which the Life School call ended on Saturday and we were offered opportunity to stay on the call with our partners to continue speaking with consideration to Spiritual Partnership and the topic of the call. All of us stayed that I was on the call with. One of my partners commented to me that I was communicating better on the call than I often have in the past. I was grateful to hear this. A while after that, another of my partners on the call asked me a question about when I noticed something, (about which we had spoken), changing in my life. I think that I had fear become present, though I did not take notice of it, and I began speaking at length. After a while I believe that I must have been aware that I was uncomfortable because I asked my partners if anyone was having the experience that I was trying to “teach”. One partner said that she noticed that she felt that perhaps I was just filling space with my words and continuance of them. I told her that I would consider this and that I wanted to be quiet for a while and just listen. We all decided shortly thereafter to end our call. I have given consideration to what had occurred with myself. I lost touch with my emotional centers and what was happening within them. It seemed to me after, that I was blowing up a large balloon with (hot?) air. When I finished speaking then, it was still present. I know that it will descend upon me by way of that which I put intention into it. I think that what had me running with my words was fear that I did not know in the moment how to specifically answer the question. In attempting to answer, I reached as best I could for a true-to-my-experience answer, but I also was using words from borrowed wisdom from things that I have come to see as “true”, many of which come from Gary and Linda’s teachings. I think that I became aware of my discomfort due to the fact that I do not have a lot of my own real life experience in the things which I was speaking of. I want to see this as an experience/experiment from which I can learn. I don’t want to judge myself and become afraid to contribute to the calls. Thank you to all of my partners on the call. I am grateful for the opportunity to have been with you and to practice with you in spiritual partnership.

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Cindy, Thank you for sharing about your experience on the call a few months ago. It is courageous of you to look inside yourself to see what you can learn from this experience. A few things came to mind when I read your message above and I wonder if you’d be open to being with some questions. I’m curious to know if you’ve noticed this pattern, of filling in the space with words, in your life before, or if you’ve noticed it since this call? I was not with you on the call so I’m just going on what you said above. When you become aware that you may be filling space with words, where do you feel this awareness in your body? In your chest, solar plexus, throat?
I have become aware of something within me that may be similar or may not be. I have noticed that when I’m asked my opinion on something that I don’t know much about, fp’s feel compelled to talk and give an answer. And sometimes I become aware that I am “talking on things I don’t know about” (that’s a line from a great song by the Avett Brothers). I think this stems from fp’s that feel like they need to impress to have people like or respect me. That I am not worthy enough to just be who I am, without an opinion. It is really painful to sit with those feelings, but I have found that the more I do, the less I feel compelled to speak when I really have nothing to say. I’m curious to know how it has been the last few months for you, being with this experience. Thank you again for sharing your story. Much love, Ame-Lia

Posted 8 years ago

Hello Ame-Lia,

Thank you for reaching out to me with your response. I have been very late with this response to you because I have fear of saying, “I don’t know” or “I am not aware of where or what I feel in my body” when someone asks me how an experience felt in my body. I often feel fps come up when someone asks me this, but I am grateful for the reminder of the work that I need to continually be engaged with in my life. I know that I have discomfort with not being able to give an answer when someone asks me a question which seems to require that I share wisdom about a topic. On this last Saturday’s call, I know that there was something that one person said and I realized after the call that I had rushed in to give an answer from my own experience. I did not elaborate at length but I feel now that I could have given a truer or more meaningful answer if I had allowed myself the moment to check in and come from my truth instead of allowing fps to jump in to answer. I have much work to do with becoming emotionally aware in my life. In regard to the other responses that I gave on the recent Saturday call, I feel that I was coming from loving parts. During this call, I was more relaxed in my body and better able to communicate with my spiritual partners on the call than I have been during any of the calls in which I have participated. Thank you so much for your response.

Love Cindy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.