Landing Forums Intention Reviewing the Guidelines

Intention

Topic: Reviewing the Guidelines - David Started 10 years, 6 months ago

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Posted 11 years ago

I’ve been reading the Authentic Power Guidelines for several years. So many times, that I have most of them memorized. So, I got to the point where I didn’t think I needed to review them any more, not even mentally going thru the list because after all, “I know this stuff now” and I’ll have what I need in the moment when I need it. A few weeks ago, I decided to re-experiment and just spend a few moments at the beginning of my day going over them and being clear in my heart about the life I want to create. I noticed at the end of those days that I felt closer to co-workers, lighter and more grounded than I did on the days where I did not take the time to set my intention. Obviously, not taking the time, even a few minutes to check-in was a frightened part of my personality that was keeping me unaware and separate from people. I am going to continue taking a few minutes, maybe even at other times of the day to remind me who I want to become and how I want my interactions with you to be.

~David

Posted 8 years ago

This is very helpful, David. Thank you.

Posted 8 years ago

You’re welcome Kathy. How are they helpful to you?

Posted 8 years ago

I have begun to read the guidelines in the morning and at night along with the serenity prayer. I feel that I keep people at a distance and this is giving me the opportunity to begin to look into that. I also appreciate the candidness of how you and others on this blog are honestly expressing themselves.

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Kathy,

When you notice the frightened part of your personality that keeps people at a distance, what physical sensations do you notice in your body?

Love,
Kristen

Posted 8 years ago

I feel a nervousness, like almost a knot in my lower abdomen, more often than not on my right side. Sometimes I feel a tightness in my throat. I will also have a shortness of breath.

Posted 8 years ago

Kathy,

What thoughts do you notice when you are feeling those physical sensations?

Love,
Kristen

Posted 8 years ago

My thoughts are often,
“What does this person want from me?”
“How can I end this conversation politely. I have work and things to do.”
“I’m exhausted. . . what are you talking endlessly about?”
Once when I finished my last day at work and people were being really nice and talking to me and asking about what I was going to be doing, I just wanted to turn and run out the door.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.