Landing Forums How You are Creating Authentic Power Noticing my Intention and Choosing Love

How You are Creating Authentic Power

Topic: Noticing my Intention and Choosing Love - Kathy P Started 7 years, 10 months ago

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Posted 8 years ago

As my 2.5 year old grandson declared he had to go potty, he hit my dog with a flag, so I put the flag out of his reach on a shelf. He was angry and decided to push the ottoman over to get the flag. I felt a fear in my lower abdomen, and my intuition told me I was in fear of his unhappy reaction and also fear that with all this going on he was not going to make it to the potty. I set the intention to approach this situation with love, to do what was in his best interest, and not be attached to the outcome. As I listened to my intuition, I was directed to talk quietly and lovingly to him. I did this and he went into the hallway and peeked around the corner to make eye contact with me in a friendly way. My intuition told me to sit tight, be quiet and wait. It took about 5 minutes, but then he walked down the hall to the potty, sat down and went to the bathroom, and declared “I did it!” We had a very loving and connecting time after that. When I took him home, he mentioned the flag and I lovingly reminded him why it was on the shelf and there was no reaction about it.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Kathy P.
Posted 8 years ago

Kathy,

Thank you so much for sharing this incident. It is very powerful!

Of the four grandchildren that are visiting us for a while, the oldest (age 5) happens to offer some challenging moments as he is not much interested in eating or sleeping well. I also find “approaching the situation with love, to do what is in his best interest and not be attached to the outcome” to be the most helpful one. Thank you again for this great reminder of the power of love.

With love and trust,
Sundar

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.