Landing Forums How You are Creating Authentic Power Noticing my intention

How You are Creating Authentic Power

Topic: Noticing my intention - Pam Meyer Started 10 years, 10 months ago

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Posted 11 years ago

Last week my daughter and two young granddaughters were visiting from another state. On Saturday they, my d-I-l and my 2 other grandchildren went out for lunch. On the return home one of my granddaughters went with my d-I-l, so only my daughter an 3 year old granddaughter went home with me in my car. My daughter and I were having a wonderful conversation about our spiritual growth. Usually on arriving home, I get one little one out of the car and she gets the other one. About 5 minutes after we entered the house, we could not find our 3 year old. We have a swimming pool, so we were all frantically checking it and the rest of the
house to find her. After about 15 minutes, my daughter went back to check the car. There in the back seat, strapped in her car seat, in sweltering 90 degree weather, was our baby crying hysterically. Fp’s were everywhere. My daughter was distraught that she could have so endangered her daughter. . I/fp was equally blaming myself for what could have been a nightmare I can hardly bring myself to consider. Shortly after the acute situation was over, I was aware of my own fp’s, and those of all involved. I knew that my intention was to use this experience in the best way I could to create Authentic Power. After we all calmed down, I did the best I could to care give, not caretake. However, for me, I find that discussing what’s going on for me with another, helps me process and see more clearly. Later that evening I was talking with another of my daughter’s about how I was feeling, and my daughter ( 3 year old’s Mom) heard our conversation, and became upset with me. She said she felt that talking about it further was more distressing, and wanted to “just let it go”. She and I rarely have a cross word, so to hear her say this was u usual. But It did make me question my own intention, plus I had a great urge to caretake her. Instead of doing that, I decided to use it as the opportunity it was to use the SPG’s and look closely at what was going on with me. The next morning, I went to her and just hugged her and told her that I loved her. I didn’t want to stay in the energy of blaming or explaining. I was only taking responsibility for myself. I really was able to detach myself from how my daughter would respond or react. I used each of the SPG’s to challenge the fp’s that were so attached to outcomes, and want me to judge.. I continue to use this situation to learn about the difference between caretaking and caregiving, between attachment and trust, between what is motivated by truly loving my family and my fear of loss. Blessings, Pam

Posted 11 years ago

Hi Pam,

I think that’s great that you were able to come back to learning about yourself during such an intense situation, or at least intense from a perspective of a frightened part. It’s a good reminder to me that I can use anything to grow and become more peaceful and loving.

I do have one question. Often, when I’m talking to family members they don’t seem to want to be supported and just want to “let it go” after they’ve had some strong f.p’s triggered. I found that if I continue to support them after a statement like that, they usually get angry. It’s made me wonder whether or not it’s ever appropriate to continue, because after all, doesn’t the statement “let it go” mean they aren’t open to support? I guess like anything it comes down to my intention to why I am choosing to speak to them or not and if I am attached to them not being upset with me. Sometimes I think not continuing to speak to them could be a loving intention and other times a fearful intention because I don’t want them to be angry with me. In your interaction with your daughter, do you feel like she still could have been supported even though she asked you to let it go? I guess my question really is, do you think it’s possible that you had a frightened part of your personality that did not want to continue to support her after she made that statement so that she wouldn’t be cross with you again?

Love,

David

Posted 11 years ago

Hi David, I replied to the w-mail I received about your post, but I do not see it here. Did you get it? Thanks, Pam

Posted 11 years ago

Hi Pam,

No I did not see your reply.

David

Posted 8 years ago

Hi David and Pam.

Did you every find David’s reply? I am interested in your reply. I am realizing that a frightened part of my personality will avoid reaching out to others if I feel they may be upset.

Kathy

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Kathy, Thank you for your sharing on this forum. No, I did not ever find my response to David’s question. But rereading our original posts reminds me that I always want to look at my intention and do my best to come from love when supporting anyone, including myself. Good to hear from you. Love, Pam

Posted 8 years ago

Pam,

I feel a great deal of tightness in my chest reading about your experience. It feels like what you experienced I am reliving with me as the grandparent and the parent. I have a lifetime of my own tramatic experiences, tramatic to parts of my frightened personality, that I block and try to avoid even the memory of. Your post has ignited that same familiar feeling in me and I am taking advantage of this to explore my pain and my thoughts.

There must be a tremendous amount of energy leaving my chest in fear and doubt now because as I consider what to write next the pressure in my chest is significantly stronger than before. My frightened thoughts are of shame and my loving thoughts are what can I learn about myself. I see a familiar part of me that screams out to be perfect so I can’t make any mistakes or in any way be found irresponsible. My FP does not want to be perfect to save the world but to protect my reputation from criticism. My FP does not want you to tell others the story because they will judge me as irresponsible.

I once placed my 6 year old son on a 5 foot wide ledge of the Grand Canyon to take a photo. As soon as I stepped back and snapped the shot I realized the immense danger in what I had created. There was literally a 1000 foot shear drop 5 feet from my son. My wife screamed and our vacation was marred. To this day I can’t even look at that photo as it represents to my frightened parts a massive failure as a father and a husband. It is a wound that has never healed.

I honestly have a lot of experiences from my past I avoid and have suppressed even the memory of. My intuition has been reminding me lately that these unresolved experiences are still with me and are longing for true heeling. I noticed that when I hear stories of bombings or shootings in other parts of the country or world I feel unmoved by it. But this morning I was affected by your experience as though it happened to me.

This has stirred deep waters for me which is what spiritual partnerships do.

Love Doug

Posted 8 years ago

Doug,

I appreciate your honesty and courage in telling your story.

Kathy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.