Landing Forums General Discussion Noticing differences in people’s reactions to me

General Discussion

Topic: Noticing differences in people’s reactions to me - Cindy Started 11 years, 4 months ago

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Posted 11 years ago

I finished watching chapter five video last night of the online course and I really felt that I really understood the material well. So I set out today as much as I could to be conscious in my life and to experiment with responding from loving places within myself in my interactions with others. It was a good day to experiment because I had no angry moments to deal with. What I found though was that people responded to me in ways that seemed more real and genuine than usual. I really feel inspired by the video and from the responses I got from others. When I was in groups of coworkers I felt compelled to do a little gossiping just to make myself feel accepted by others but held off a little bit and held my tongue and those moments soon slipped by. Sometimes when I am alone, I think of how I might better support others. I think of what I have done and how I might have chosen from loving parts and to have been more supportive of others and I consider what the outcomes of that might look like. I am grateful for the videos of the online course and for all of the direct support of the journey support calls and the online course calls. I think I am getting the picture much better now of how to create authentic power.

Posted 11 years ago

Cindy,

Thank you for sharing. My experiences have been the same also. Whenever I succeed in choosing love rather than fear, I find that people respond in a similar manner and choose their loving parts rather than frightened parts. Their response seems more real and genuine. Each moment of our life we come across a fork and it just seems to be a question of choosing the path of love instead of the path of fear. The reward we get for that is an inexplicable joy.

I can imagine how joyful you should be feeling when you say that you are getting the picture much better now of how to create authentic power.

With love,
Sundar

Posted 11 years ago

Sundar, Thank you for your response and support. I’m realizing this morning that if I practice creating authentic power during all of my moments then when frightened parts do come up I will be better prepared to remember to choose consciously instead of reacting because I got lost in the moment and forget that I can choose. I hope that each of us has a joyful day creating from love!

Posted 11 years ago

Cindy,

“Getting lost in the moment” is a very powerful and apt expression you have used.

What I realize is I may know “so much” by reading Gary’s work. But, it doesn’t matter. The real challenge is remembering it all at any given moment when my frightened part is dying to react to a given circumstance or a set of people. It really seems to require practice. The good news seems to be that after a certain given number of attempts at controlling it, the frightened part will go away or disappear.

I felt so impressed when I read your statement regarding your holding off a little bit and holding your tongue, when the frightened part wanted to gossip. Thank you for being an inspiration.

With love,
Sundar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.