Landing Forums Responsible Choice Making responsible choices

Responsible Choice

Topic: Making responsible choices - Klattu Started 12 years, 3 months ago

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Posted 12 years ago

When you make a choice you are creating consequences for yourself. You are always making choices, and some will lead to consequences you may not want. It is important to become aware of what you are choosing, and to choose wisely.

Posted 12 years ago

I agree this is something I look at daily.

Posted 12 years ago

Just finished Chapter 5. During the meditation, I went back to a confrontation I had with my mother. She is gone now, and I so wish I had learned this lesson before that. I have such regret and now am aware of feeling it deep in my chest and now know what it is. Thinking out loud, could it be I did less than loving things in order to arrive at where I am now . . . trying to learn and grow spiritually? What do I do with all this regret from the past? I can imagine a different outcome, but that doesn’t change the outcome. I guess just learn to choose different intentions in the future???

Posted 12 years ago

I have accepted that there is nothing that can be done for the past. My future actions are something I can change. My actions all have consequences. If I am choosing from the intention of love, I know that the consequences of my actions are things I can live with. I am responsible for my actions -promoting good consequences or bad consequences. I’m much happier when I choose a loving intention rather than coming from fear.

Posted 12 years ago

I realized awhile back that lots of choices I did I did out of trying to get back at parents or husband. I don’t know how that realization came about (what I read) but it has been something that has stopped some of my reactions. However, I didn’t realize that choosing another response was such a big deal. I still did it for selfish reasons. Now I’m seeing a pattern of “teacher” trying to come up with the ideas that would allow my friends to see this is the “right way.” Such a big idea responsible choice for my personality to handle.

• This reply was modified 11 years, 11 months ago by Mary Beth.
Posted 12 years ago

I have found that my mother living with me has become my gratest teacher of all. I have learned patience and compassion for life through her expresson. She use to be able to bring me to my knees with pain from her actions. But through all of my journeys I have gained such insights to life and the chance I was give to really know my mother from a totaly different perspective has been such a gift. The more compassion and love and patience I find when I am with her the more pleasure she is to be with. I feel blessed to have had this opportunity to know my mother as my best friend my parent and my teacher. Thank all the expressions who can bring you if your looking to grow in consciousness what other way is there than through lifes experiences. I am so grateful to have the nerve just to write this the fear of being judged is in my throat right now. But by doing this I have gained another mark on my journey to freedom and peace and joy. (Responsible choice)
Namaste

but

Posted 12 years ago

Good for you being able to push past your frightened parts and live the life you really want! I know it’s hard and uncomfortable sometimes to push past our usual behaviours and do something new! So, good for you!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.