Landing Forums General Discussion Living your life purpose (secondary purpose)

General Discussion

Topic: Living your life purpose (secondary purpose) - Started 12 years, 2 months ago

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Posted 12 years ago

I’d love to get any thoughts or feedback on the subject.

I am currently trying to decide what to do next with my life. I feel that the primary purpose of my life is to learn how to respond to all my fears with love (authentic power). However, I am having a hard time deciding what to do with life. I am calling this the secondary purpose. The one that I need to do to pay the mortgage. I’m am trying to find that thing that I would do regardless of result (i.e. prestige, fame, financial success) and that of course does not exploit humanity. I was previously paying my bills by working in the corporate world but I feel very uneasy about re-entering that life. Not because I judge anything wrong with it but rather because for me it feels devoid of meaning and I feel like my soul can not express itself. I also know that the one gift I have been born with are my communication skills (i.e. mainly listening, speaking, writing).

any thoughts? any experiences about what the process was for you and how you found your ‘secondary purpose’?

thanks,
Eric

Posted 12 years ago

It’s been many years now since I found my “secondary purpose” in teaching and doing research. When I found this “secondary purpose,” I intuitively knew that it wasn’t separate from my “primary purpose.” Everything for me is part of a whole, although I tend to forget it. Of course I can’t speak for you, Eric, since I don’t know what would enable you to find the appropriate niche, the place in which to develop authentic power while relying on your earth school skills. I can only speak for myself. Sometimes I wonder if I am in the right place, then I quickly realize that such thoughts are fear-based since it’s really up to me to create a life of meaning and purpose wherever I am, a life that I can lovingly share with others. If I am creating authentic power, I am helping to make the world more loving. It all begins with me. So now, when I wonder if I am in the right place, I understand that I am submitting to a fear-based desire to find “greener grass” elsewhere instead of looking at what is before me right now and how I can create authentic power in this present situation. Gary speaks of “savior searching,” the desire to find a meaning and purpose through another person who would somehow, miraculously, provide ultimate answers (I don’t remember his exact words but it’s the gist of it for me). Looking outside my present circumstances is a little like savior searching because then I don’t have to look inside myself for my own resources. a recurring challenge for me. Your question helped me see this more clearly. Thank you. And warm wishes for fulfilment in your quest.

Posted 12 years ago

Hi Catherine,

Thx for the reply. What I am interested in is how your process unfolded of finding your secondary purpose. In your case teaching and research. I am at a point where I need to make a choice of what to do next in my life to ‘pay the mortgage’. I am in a special place where I have a little time and am interested in making a choice that comes from a place of love and not fear. It has been hard because as I process various avenues I have not found one where the intention feels ‘right’. But fundamentally I will have to chose and interested to learn how others chose (from a process point of view) while operating from a place of love.

Love,
Eric

Posted 12 years ago

Hi Eric,

I know exactly how you feel about most of the corporate world. I was in it for 23 years and one
day just said I’m threw with it and quite. I moved to the mountains and live very simply in
nature. But I too am now looking for a new way to create that has value to me and some added
income. I just want to pass on what I heard from the author of EAT,PRAY, LOVE which I am
working on. She suggested upon rising in the morning to ask yourself and write down, “what do
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want?? And review your answers and meditate on it. I keep hearing
we would get the most fulfullment from what we passion in life….So often I believe we don’t
create Joy in our life, work, etc because we don’t clearly seem to know what we want. And
once we get alittle more clarity on our passion, then I really pay attention to everything
around me. What people randomly say to me, what happens to be on TV etc for I truly believe the
universe is helping us once we know more with clairity of what we’d like to be doing.

Nameste

Christina

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.