Landing Forums Live Session Discussions Journey to The Soul 2017

Live Session Discussions

Topic: Journey to The Soul 2017 - Doug Brown Started 6 years, 9 months ago

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Posted 7 years ago

Sharing my most powerful experiences from The Journey to The Soul 2017

I discovered a frightened part of my personality that “chokes me up” and “brings tears” to my eyes when I share an experience when I “did good” in creating authentic power. My spiritual partners helped me see that I struggled to simply say “I did something right, something loving, something authentically powerful”. I believe this is from fear because I experienced a tremendous pain in my heart as I tried to simply share “I did my best and it was good”.

I have spent some time since the event to remember other times when I felt “tearful and choked up” when trying to speak or share. Both times I could remember I was relating a story about a loving interaction I previously had with homeless people in Portland. I can remember the very first time I shared those experiences with others and that sharing was also choked up and tearful.

I have always considered myself sensitive because of tears that come at times when I share. But now I want to dig deeper to truly explore this emotion and what really triggers it. I intended to notice if truly I struggle to ever tell myself “I did good”.

I am deeply grateful for my spiritual partners bringing this to my awareness.

With Love and Gratitude,

Doug

Posted 7 years ago

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your sharing. It was a powerful,moving moment to watch the process of your sharing and the support offered, and you going into your feeling the physical sensations. It was insightful for me as well. Thank you for having the courage to share and explore your discoveries with me.

Posted 7 years ago

Doug,
As always an authentic and powerful sharing that acts as inspiration for us all. Thank you. Do keep us posted on your experiences and insights, if you can, so we can all learn and grow with you!
With love and appreciation,
Shelley

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.