Landing Forums Live Session Discussions Journey Call Aug 30

Live Session Discussions

Topic: Journey Call Aug 30 - Stephanie C Started 7 years, 8 months ago

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
Posted 8 years ago

I want to respond in more detail later when I have more time but I have two initial thoughts.

I assumed frustration was fear because it made me feel negative things physically and have negative thoughts. I am now unsure, you have a good point that it may not be fear and that changes quite a few of my conclusions if so. What does Gary say on this, do you know?

Also, I have a very big big big part of me that I constantly make myself wrong (usually without realizing). I could be doing this. Also, I try to please people. I could be trying to please Doug by finding a frightened part. Oh my word i’m confused now lol!! I love your example with your daughter. I will respond more later. Thank you Sundar!!

Posted 8 years ago

Also please Shelley and Doug, I neglected to include you in my comments as I was responding directly to Sundar’s email but I would appreciate any thoughts you have as well. And thank you for your earlier responses, I am really enjoying reading the thread. Peace and love- Steph

Posted 8 years ago

Stephanie,

I think it might be better for me to wait until you find the time to respond in more detail (of course, no rush obviously). I would also like to see Shelley share her comments and thoughts.

Doug, I can never forget the constructive conversations we have had in the past. I always consider you my spiritual partner. You never need my permission to share your comments and thoughts. As Stephanie wanted, let us all learn together and grow together.

But, Stephanie, whenever you respond, I will respond in turn irrespective of whether others find the time to share their thoughts and comments.

With love and trust,
Sundar

Posted 8 years ago

Stephanie,

Before your detailed response, in the meantime, can you indicate whether you are familiar with Gary’s ideas on temptation? I mean specifically Gary’s, not otherwise. A yes or no type of answer will suffice unless you like to elaborate further. This might help me decide how to address a point you have made in your brief response, which I want to relate to Gary’s ideas on temptation.

With love and trust,
Sundar

Posted 8 years ago

Thank you for patiently awaiting my response☺ This is deep thinking… or should I say feeling!!

I hope I will answer your main points. I find myself resisting going through answering your message line by line because I think it is important that I not try not to judge right/wrong, but rather develop awareness.

I have been thinking about: Why am I experiencing frustration? Am I responsible for the frustration? Is Frustration from fear?

If I understand that my choices drive my experience, this simplifies the questions for me. Quite often, I have the experience of being “frustrated” at myself or someone (or a group of someones) and just take it at face value that I am frustrated because I let myself down or “they” let me down. By doing that, I am accepting my “story” without exploring further, deeper so yes this choice makes me responsible.

If I can become more consciously aware of my choice (fear/judgment) in the moment, with acceptance, and be curious about how this choice is serving me, then I feel I can start building an internal clarity which will allow me to make a “different” choice and create a different experience. That is when I can respond, not react even if I am frustrated.

I could ask, what was I actually frustrated about? What is really driving this feeling? And what am I really feeling, what is underneath the frustration story? Is my body in pain? Am I happy, sad, mad, or joyful? These are actual true “feelings.” Frustration is an emotional state, not a feeling –which is a “reaction,” to fear and an expression of judgment. So I am not truly feeling but I am reacting/judging so yes, my frustration came from fear. I was frustrated at Doug because I was judging him with thoughts like, “oh, see I knew it! here we go with the frightened parts again that aren’t even there! Boy is he wrong”

So my “story” was I was frustrated with Doug (and others on the board) because I had the judgment that he/they weren’t doing it right.. meaning being a spiritual partner. I didn’t think they were asking the right questions at the right time, not going further or explaining when they should etc.. but that frustration was on a surface level.

So if I do feel deeper into my frustration and see if I can touch the fear, I find (this is a deep fear) that for “me,” doing it “right” means I am loved, doing it “wrong”, I am not loved. (This is complicated but bare with me) my fear extends out to If Doug or others here are not “doing it right”, they won’t be loved either, and THAT scares “ME.” So I then try to control the outcome from fear.

So, my frustration and impatience were various forms of self-judgment that I projected unconsciously…versus choices I could have made from love like patience and compassion. My projection was “they aren’t doing this right”. And then “chirp chirp” “come take care of me”… I realize now was more of “come do this right!” which was a reaction (however slight). From a more loving place it could have been “Let us all take care of ourselves, including you, by participating in good conversations whereby we can learn from one another.”

Additionally, I think it is ok if we see this situation from two different perspectives. I am learning what I need to learn and you what you need to learn but all the while walking the same path.

Much love and many blessings – Steph

Posted 8 years ago

Before I respond to Stephanie’s beautiful post, I want to offer to the community board itself a CLARIFICATION that I consider to be a very important one.

What I am attempting to request is NOT AT ALL that no one here should ever point out anyone else’s fp’s that are possibly evident and sensed in that person’s post or posts. Pointing out possible fp’s is an extremely important step in the relation among spiritual partners.

What I strongly believe, however, is that when we do so, we should attempt to go a step further and indicate as much as possible WHY we sense those fp’s in that person’s post. When we DON’T do so and if we happen to be WRONG in the way we sensed, mere pointing out is loaded with the potential of having a HARMFUL EFFECT on that person. That person can easily get confused. In that case it goes against our original intention of helping that person.

In fact, Linda put it very well when I brought this up during a live call. We might sense an fp in another person because an fp is active at the moment in OURSELVES. So, we need to be very careful. At least an attempt to explain has the potential of allowing us to check and guard ourselves against a possible error.

When I saw Doug’s post where he asked for my permission to point out something that he saw in me through my posts, I started to wonder whether I did not make myself clear enough with respect to the above ideas. I am definitely not saying that no one should ever tell me or anybody else that frightened parts are active. (The truth is actually the other way around. I love to hear it. My son, my wife, etc. do a good job of helping me and I have come a long way because of that.) Doug might have asked me so for an entirely different reason and I might be totally wrong in my above inference. Only he can explain it. However, since there is at least such a possible inference to what he said, I want to make myself clear enough through this post before proceeding further.

I sincerely hope everyone understands.

With love and trust,
Sundar

Posted 8 years ago

Stephanie,

When I reread your post the second or third time, the following caught my attention:
“Additionally, I think it is ok if we see this situation from two different perspectives. I am learning what I need to learn and you what you need to learn but all the while walking the same path.”

I do not know what you mean by the above, but wondered for a split second whether I should share my thoughts on your response preceding this last paragraph. And, I decided to respond since I really like to suggest certain things for you to consider. However, I do not intend the exchanges of thoughts to be construed as arguments of any sort between two individuals. Of course, we can stop the sharing of thoughts at any time if we so desire.

With love and trust,
Sundar

Posted 8 years ago

I wrote: “At least an attempt to explain has the potential of allowing us to check and guard ourselves against a possible error.”

I just realized I must add the following:
Or, more importantly, the explanation offered allows that person to spot the flaw or flaws in logic, if any, and take the suggestion about possible frightened parts accordingly.

With love and trust,
Sundar Naga

Posted 8 years ago

Stephanie,

So, “Why am I experiencing frustration?” I think the answer is clear. Your idea of this community board has been that it is “a place where we can get guidance, learn and have some good conversations and be in spiritual partnerships”. From your perspective that was not happening. Your experiences pointed the following to you: “But I get really confused about how to be in spiritual partnerships here. Honestly the conversations so often revolve around someone noticing frightened parts. It’s scary for me to post.” As a result, only about half the times you actually posted.

Now, “Am I responsible for the frustration?” I think a more relevant question might be: “Am I right or wrong about the above conclusion I have come to? Am I just making it all up or is it real?” If you are right, then the frustration has been created by factors outside of you and you cannot obviously hold yourself responsible. If you do, you might unnecessarily experience a feeling of guilt, etc. If you are wrong, the solution is very simple: you have to correct yourself.

As I think that this “Am I responsible?” question is a critical one, let us take a couple of extreme examples. Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. M L K Jr. had certain expectations in their minds as to how humans in general must be treated by other humans. If they felt frustrated by what they actually observed, were they responsible for being in such a state? (I obviously don’t know whether they felt frustrated. Their feelings could have been at a much higher plane. But, I am just considering, if they did, then what?) The only relevant question was whether they were right or wrong in what they concluded and inferred from what they saw around them.

And next, “Is Frustration from fear?” Let us consider here the possibility that the state of frustration is actually wrong. In other words, your confusion was not at all warranted. Conversations never revolve around someone noticing frightened parts. The community board is actually doing what your expectations of it are. In that scenario there is a possibility that one or more of your frightened parts would want to exploit the situation to their advantage. They are designed by Divine Intelligence just for that job and your soul decided to bring them with you for that purpose. They would simply “tempt” you. They might ask you to lash out at the community board and strike out at everybody. According to Gary, such a temptation is a dress rehearsal. It, by itself, does not accrue any negative karma.

Now you have a choice. Either you yield to that temptation and do what the frightened parts force you to do or say. Or you challenge them and instead do or say what the corresponding loving parts suggest.

During the dress rehearsal you are expected to consider the possible outcomes of doing or saying what the frightened parts ask you to and the possible outcomes of doing or saying what the loving parts ask you to, if you are listening to them also. Let us assume that you yielded to that temptation and did or said according to the commands from the frightened parts. That is when the question of fear comes into picture. That is when you accumulate negative karma, meaning simply that there is still a lesson to be learned (of course, no punishment or anything of that sort is involved; it is just getting more opportunities offered by the Universe to help learn what needs to be learned). In other words, I believe there is no such question as “Is frustration from fear?” It is an irrelevant question I think.

As I need to take care of something else, I am going to submit this for your consideration. I might continue the post later because I think I like to address the later parts of your post.

With love and trust,
Sundar

Posted 8 years ago

When I reflect back on my life I noticed that what I thought were the “keys to the kingdom” in my 20’s I rejected in my 30’s. In my 40’s I felt my beliefs from my 30’s were no longer valid for my growth. Now in my 50’s I have completely new guidelines I follow and am experimenting with. When I am in my 60’s will I have evolved yet again? I am certain I will.

What am beginning to see is that my frightened parts have one set of thoughts, beliefs, and logic while when I am in a loving part of my personality I have completely different thoughts, beliefs, and understandings. So for me it has become all important that I know which part of me is doing the thinking, which part of me is doing the speaking, and which part of me is doing the writing. My loving parts cherish my spiritual partners asking me to reflect on something I did or said and question what my true intentions were. Were my intentions from love or fear.

I am using the Authentic Power Guidelines (aka Spiritual Partner Guidelines) to help me. Those guidelines have sliced through my confusion time and time again. Like a ship designed to break a frozen river or ocean, those guidelines have cut a path to me finding my authentic power so very often.

I so cherish this journey we are on together.

With Love,

Doug

Posted 8 years ago

Dear Doug,

I am in my 60’s!

Just trying to break the ice (in the sense of just joking; not sure whether that is the right expression I am after).

With love and trust,
Sundar

Posted 8 years ago

Stephanie,

Thank you for sharing your authentic experiences so courageously. It takes some Cahunas to lay yourself, your experiences so honestly out there. So, I salute you for your courage, Steph!

I loved your post, because it has given me some beginning insights into my earlier question “What next?” How to get from frightened parts to uncovering your loving parts.

This particular sentence was especially helpful/ insightful for me:
“If I can become more consciously aware of my choice (fear/judgment) in the moment, and BE CURIOUS ABOUT HOW THIS CHOICE IS SERVING ME (emphasis SP’s), then I can start building an internal clarity which will allow me to make a “different” choice and create a different experience.”…

OMG! that phrase, “how is this choice serving me,” it still drives a shiver down my spine when I think of it. This is DEEP WORK. On the surface events may appear as one thing, but really looking at it calmly, curiously, with acceptance might reveal something deeper, more meaningful and important! Who’d’a thunkit?

Since you helped me get there, I’d like to share how I myself experienced this.

I have two people reporting to me, one of whom I view as challenging (um, incompetent). There! There’s the judgmental part, the part that feels superior. This person and I clash often. Every intention I have to be nice to her, to be like one of those miraculously good teachers who lovingly guide their students, I break every few days, as something judgmental comes out of my mouth.

It is true that her performance is not up to other people who have reported to me. It is true that her not pulling her weight causes projects to bomb and puts a lot of pressure on me. I could leave it at that and feel my frustration is justified.

But, this part of my personality is not who I want to be; besides, it has not worked out particularly well for me. So, these past couple of days, I have been trying to gently just sit with my feelings and observe my thoughts.

And in that calmish space (not fully calm yet), the thought suddenly appeared (hmmm, am I becoming multi-sensory?!) that I am insecure about my own smarts. By judging and finding her wanting, maybe I am subconsciously proving my smarts to myself? That is how this judgment, superiority is serving me (shoring up my insecure parts).

One outstanding concern: Will this intuition really change anything?

Stephanie says: “as I start building an internal clarity about how my reactions are serving me, i can start to make a “different” choice and create a different experience. That is how I can begin to respond, not react even if I am frustrated”

I guess I’ll just have to wait and see how things go next week, and whether I’m able to hold on to the vision of being the good loving teacher rather than judgmental boss that I have for myself for a few hours, a few days, and then maybe a few weeks…eh?

See, we are creating a community. Responses to Sundar helped me gain some important insight! Thanks all!

Love,

Shelley

Posted 8 years ago

Sundar,

I have not forgotten about your many posts. I have read and enjoyed all of them, and agree with so much of what you say. So glad you are here, sharing this journey with us, supporting us, taking our thinking further.

I wonder if I may offer an explanation as to why I think people may be willing to say they sense a frightened part of someone’s personality is active, but why they may be hesitant to go into in-depth explanations.

1. It is easier to sense whether a person is coming from a genuine place of love or from fear
2. It is more difficult to know exactly how /why said person is is in fear. As I said in my post about my inner motivations, these lie a couple of levels deep.
3. Even if others were to know, telling people what you think they are thinking is inherently problematic. It would cause even more offense. People get to their realizations when they are ready, and resist if it is premature. Do you think I would have stood for anyone telling me I judge my reports because I don’t believe in my own self? I’d have taken their head off!

I believe this is an inherently personal journey, where each person has to go on an inward journey to uncover their own frightened parts and underlying intentions.

Having said that, I agree the brief comments, most often questioning only the frightened parts is off-putting. Can we ALL agree to use a more balanced approach, pointing out when someone has shown their authentic self, is coming from a place of love… that not only encourages the journey, but also strengthens the commenters own loving parts.

This is my thinking. Wonder whether someone with more experience can chime in and clarify this issue.

Again, thank you for all the love and support you have offered me, and to everyone else in the community!

Love,
Shelley

Posted 8 years ago

Shelly,

Amazing awakening. “Am I becoming multi-sensory”, I feel your receiving guidance from your intuition and you recognizing it and that you see value in it may answer your question.

Here is an experiment you might consider. Read through the Authentic Power Guidelines and set your intention towards this person. After you have an opportunity to interact with them take a moment to read the guidelines again and see what your intuition is saying to you.

With Love

Doug

Posted 8 years ago

Stephanie and Shelley,

In my humble opinion the following is very important. Earlier I was going to write it by addressing Stephanie, as a continuation of my previous post. I just read Shelley’s narration of her personal situation. As I feel that it is applicable to that also, I am addressing her also.

Stephanie wrote: “So my “story” was I was frustrated with Doug (and others on the board) because I had the JUDGMENT that he/they weren’t doing it right.. meaning being a spiritual partner.” (Emphasis is SN’s.)

Another of the tricky dualities in the Design of the Divine Intelligence appears to be judgment vs DISCERNMENT (like caretaking vs caregiving that I referred to in an earlier post in this thread). Tricky in the sense that there is a subtle difference and if we are not careful enough, it can be misleading. Again, one is controlled by the frightened parts (of course, judgment, similar to caretaking) and the other by the loving parts.

I don’t think we can do away with discernment, meaning properly recognizing the situation for exactly what it is in the given moment or properly recognizing people for exactly what they are in the given moment. In my humble opinion it is impossible. What we do have to avoid totally is judgment, meaning improperly going a step further with some or other personal motive as dictated by the frightened parts.

I consider the subtle distinction between the two so important that in response to Gary and Linda asking us to suggest topics for the live call I have suggested ‘judgment vs discernment’. To the extent I have searched, I could not find Gary addressing this topic in detail in his books or videos. I know in a recent video he mentioned briefly about discerning, but that is all to my knowledge. If anybody has come across any detailed discussion by him anywhere, please please please let me know.

Let us again consider the extreme examples of Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. M L K Jr. They exactly understood the situation prevalent around them and the concerned people causing the situation. Did they judge the situation and the concerned people? I don’t think anyone looks at it that way. If so, they would not have been elevated to the status that they have been correctly elevated to. They obviously discerned the situation and the concerned people. And, they did not stop there. They not only discerned properly, but they also allowed their loving parts rather than frightened parts to take the next necessary steps. If they had allowed the frightened parts to control them, then they would have been deemed as having judged the situation and the concerned people.

Thus, again the question is: Is the conclusion that “he/they weren’t doing it right, meaning being a spiritual partner” correct or not? It might be correct and if so, there can be nothing wrong in that conclusion per se, in my opinion. In that case, it cannot be a judgment, again in my opinion. Even if it is correct, what we do next with that correct conclusion is important. There the frightened parts would try their level best to influence our next course of action. We will have to be careful. If that conclusion is shared with the community with the intention of asking it to consider and rethink about it, it cannot constitute a negative karma, meaning it is not coming from fear.

I could be wrong, but I notice a parallelism in the description shared by Shelley. “It is true that her performance is not up to other people who have reported to me. It is true that her not pulling her weight causes projects to bomb and puts a lot of pressure on me.” As long as it is true, I honestly believe that it should not be characterized as judgment; it is discernment, in my opinion. Such an evaluation is something that Shelley’s position demands and it is a duty and responsibility associated with that position.

“I could leave it at that and feel my frustration is justified.” Frustration doesn’t have to play any role here. I think the whole thing should be and can be approached without that element of frustration. Shelley, you are right. In that “calmish space” you should pay attention to the loving parts with a complete trust in the Universe. Say and do however the loving parts direct you in the given situation.

“See, we are creating a community. Responses to Sundar helped me gain some important insight!” Yes, it is all about insights. Thank the Universe for Gary and for his efforts to give us deep insights. What we are attempting to do is to try to share them among ourselves so that we can apply them in our lives that are, by design, tough.

With love and trust,
Sundar

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.