Landing Forums Emotional Awareness Isolation

Emotional Awareness

Topic: Isolation - Started 9 years, 3 months ago

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Posted 9 years ago

This is one of the most pronounced frightened parts of my personality. It shows up everywhere I go. Here’s an example, if self-checkout is available at the store where I’m shopping, I will deliberately use it instead of normal checkout to avoid awkward interactions that I find unpleasant and annoying.

I feel a sharp pain in my abdomen, tightness in my shoulders and chest, a strained pressure in my third eye, and a dull ache in my solar plexus. Noticing all the times throughout a day when I avoid these sensations and act out of fear is completely overwhelming. Feeling a heavy dullness in my solar plexus when I think about that.

I want to create intimacy and heal this part of myself. My intention is to choose responsibly when I notice this part is active.

Posted 9 years ago

Hi Sara,
I would love to hear an example of challenging this frightened part of your personality (choosing responsibly).
Love,
Kristen

Posted 9 years ago

Hi Kristen,

I’m so moved by that. Thank you so much. πŸ™‚

A recent example of challenging this frightened part was Tuesday morning. I had scheduled for a cleaning service that day and there was a mix up about the time. I had originally planned to pick up and organize before they came and they ended up coming earlier, which meant everything was messy! I felt mortified that I wasn’t prepared. My heart was racing, I had a frozen, tight feeling in my solar plexus, and I noticed my thoughts, “Why bother, they probably think I’m lazy anyway. Just stay out of their way.”

I did my best to show up and be present anyway. I welcomed them inside, I informed them (without self deprecation or judgment) I would be picking up so that they could clean without clutter, and more than that, I chose to be genuinely warm and thankful. Normally I would deliberately not make eye contact or introduce myself properly and I’d put myself (energetically) in an isolation bubble of insecurity. And, the consequence was that the ladies who came to clean were entirely lovely, and I never would have experienced that if I had chosen to hide and keep to myself. I talked with them. I thanked them for how beautiful everything looked.

It occurs to me as I write that it’s safe to stretch. It’s uncomfortable, but it’s so much more fun to lean into it.

I’ve really enjoyed sharing this, Kristen. Thank you!

Sara

Posted 9 years ago

Hi Sara, thank you for sharing….it was fun to read. I can really relate to your experience. Love, Kristen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.