Landing Forums Intention intentions being invisible

Intention

Topic: intentions being invisible - Sundar Naga Started 11 years, 5 months ago

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Posted 11 years ago

Thanks to Gary and Linda, last night’s call on intention in the Authentic Power course through the Shift Network was so educational.

Intentions play such a significant role that, to quote Gary, we create our reality with our intentions. Choice is the engine of our evolution and each choice we make is a choice of intention. Very powerful.

Given that, I find it to be a profound dynamic, design, etc. that when it comes to others around us (family, friends, colleagues, etc.), it so happens that we can only see their actions or hear their words, but not directly perceive the intentions behind those actions or words. It seems to make life very complicated in one sense, but very interesting and thrilling in another sense. (Of course, one immediate consequence is that we should never be judgmental about others since we don’t even know directly what their actual intentions are.) Life might be totally dull if we all could directly perceive others’ intentions and right away realize whether they are positive or negative. It appears to be an intentional dynamic that intentions are invisible.

However, even in such a scenario, in the case of genuine spiritual partners, one partner can directly ask the other partner(s) what the actual intention was behind the action or speech of the other(s) or discuss a personally perceived, possible intention. This seems to highlight the real greatness of spiritual partnership. I actually felt it last night.

Dear spiritual partners, please feel free to comment on the above. Maybe I am totally off the mark. If so, I would appreciate learning about it. Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago

Hi Sundar, I have found that looking at my own intentions in any interaction is what allows me to create Authentic Power. You are correct that we can never know another’s intention, and even my wanting to know or assuming that I do know comes from a frightened part of my personality that does not feel equal to that person. My purpose for asking another about their intention is to support them. Looking at my own intention points out to me whether I’m acting from love or fear, and then I can challenge what I need to, and make the choice to act from love. My intention as I act on it creates the energy that I’m putting into the world. And my deepest desire is to live my life from love. Thank you so much for your sharing. Namaste, Pam

Posted 11 years ago

Hi Pam,

Namaste.

Thank you very much for sharing. I want to keep repeating to myself: “even my wanting to know or assuming that I do know comes from a frightened part of my personality that does not feel equal to that person”

Sundar

Posted 11 years ago

Hi Pam and other spiritual partners,

It is unfortunately a long story, but I will try to be as brief as possible. It is a situation in which I have often felt the need to go to pp. 157, 158 of Gary’s Soul to Soul where he raises a very important question “What is the distinction between recognizing something evil and judging it?” under Soul Questions and answers it beautifully. Actually, last night I read it aloud to my wife, and stopped often to elaborate on what Gary says and to make connections to the situation I am in.

The semester before this past one a whole set of students felt forced to bring to my attention some “evil” actions on the part of a colleague of mine. These actions were aimed toward me, but they actually had the potential of a destructive effect on the students, which is why they had to bring it to my attention. Although the others managed, one student did end up being a victim, which definitely broke my heart.

Again, toward the end of this past semester another student unfortunately had to bring to my attention a set of “evil” actions on the part of the same colleague. Again, although they were aimed at me, they ended up affecting the student with a destructive effect. When I realize the details as to how the student was affected, it has again broken my heart. This student in fact has gone to the extent of writing a very detailed email to two higher-ups and has decided to meet in person with the higher of the two after the administrative holidays end on New Year day and before the classes start for the next semester.

Of course, the intention on the part of the colleague is invisible. According to Gary, evil simply means absence of love. I think I recognize the evil, and I definitely feel that this person is a fellow student in the Earth school who is in pain. Gary points out that if one doesn’t react self-righteously to evil, one would simply discern, act appropriately, and move on. Although it has been a continuing story at a minor level, it appears that these past two semesters it has kind of peaked and reached a limit. In the above, Gary indicates, “act appropriately”. What is an appropriate action in this situation?

Gary also says, “If you can see an angry, or deceitful, or violent person for what he or she is – a fellow student in the Earth school who is in extreme pain – you can interact with that person appropriately.” This morning I was wondering whether I should attempt to have a one-on-one, heart-to-heart conversation with that colleague. On second thought, I am not sure. It is quite possible that this person could twist it and complain to the higher-ups in unexpected ways. Unfortunately, this is not an informal family or community situation, but a formal, official situation where we are bound by certain rules and so on.

Pam, I repeat to myself your words: “even my wanting to know or assuming that I do know [the intention] comes from a frightened part of my personality that does not feel equal to that person”. I consider this colleague equal to me in Gary’s sense. I don’t need to know the intention. But, I think I have been forced to be at a fork where I have to make a choice and I also know that it should be a choice based on love. What I am unable to conclude yet is: what exactly is it? what is the appropriate way to act here? A suggestion from my wife is for me to retire. I am really not for it – I want to continue my selfless service to my wonderful students until my health permits.

I would really appreciate any feedback from any of the spiritual partners. Thank you for your time.

With love,
Sundar

Posted 11 years ago

Hi Sundar,
I would ask what would be your intention for having a one on one conversation with your colleague?

Love, Joanne

• This reply was modified 11 years, 4 months ago by Joanne.
Posted 11 years ago

Hi Joanne,

Good question. Thank you.

Probably a conversation at a spiritual level. Along the lines of Gary’s work. A heart-to-heart communication. I haven’t even thought over how to start it and how to proceed. I was wondering whether it is a viable option and how other spiritual partners might view it.

The problem is that even when I approach it at the level of heart, I cannot be sure whether the other person would approach it at a similar level. The person is known to be manipulative, specifically does not hesitate to lie a lot (I don’t mean to be judgmental; it is known to be one issue). So, I am really wondering whether it will work.

With love,
Sundar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.