Landing Forums Responsible Choice Integrity

Responsible Choice

Topic: Integrity - Kristen Richardson Started 7 years, 11 months ago

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Posted 8 years ago

I have become aware of an area of my life where I am not in my integrity.

A recent example that is familiar in my life is a couple private messages I have received on facebook. One from a guy I’ve dated and another from a male friend who used to have a crush on me when we were kids.

I notice these messages triggered a familiar FP of my personality. My solar plexus feels tight, behind my heart area in my back feels squeezed. My center of my forehead feels constricted. My FP thoughts are of anger, rage, powerlessness. My FP feels “hounded by men.” My FP that feels superior. I also notice an inferior FP that feels special, likes the attention…however the superior FP feels stronger.

My normal FP response is either to ignore the messages and not respond, or respond in order to be nice, so they don’t feel “rejected.” To care take my FP that doesn’t want to feel rejected. Neither of these are in my integrity.

I experimented with responding to one of these messages that I have ignored for a week or so, thinking I was being in my integrity. I asked myself the question “How could I be in integrity in this interaction?” I opened to feeling the physical sensations in my body. I was surprised that I started to cry and felt so much emotion.

I feel excited to learn more about this frightened part of my personality so I can be in my integrity.

Love,
Kristen

Posted 8 years ago

Kristen,

Do you remember the song we listened to at the last MCI that started “When I look into your eyes”? When you think about those words, invision looking into their eyes, what do you see?

Love Doug

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Kristen,

I also feel it is exciting to learn more about frightened parts of my personality. Which Authentic Power Guideline(s) to you feel is most supportive for you with this frightened part of your personality?

Love,
Sharon

Posted 8 years ago

My intention for sharing is to challenge a fp that wants to hide.
My boss had given me approval in February to attend a workshop tomorrow. It is the tail end of the financial audit. My team and I are responsible in providing the auditors with certain requested information. I usually send her reminders for my pre approved absences a week before the planned absence. My intention for doing this is splintered. The fear based part wants to please/control her behaviour by having her like me, not be upset that I left and didn’t remind her. The love based part says that I forget at times when my staff will be absent and a reminder would be appreciated. For tHe absence tomorrow I experimented with sending her the reminder one day before instead of one week before with the intention to challenge my fear based part intention and still send her a reminder to cultivate the love based part intention. The effect of these actions were as follows: she came by my office around two hours after sending her the email. Intuitively I knew she was in fps and spoke from them when she gave me approval to go (after reminding her in the email that she had pre approved it) and then quickly speaking about the status of the audit. This triggered my fps that quickly responded that I and my team have responded to all of the auditors questions. I proceeded to further indulge my fp by telling her she could text me tomorrow should there be anything my team could not attend to. She then replied there is something I have to see you about re the audit. I stopped speaking thinking I was challenging a fp but it was in the car on my way home that I realized I had another fp come up that didn’t want to hear her anymore. Since then this fp thought has been obsessing about what it is she wanted to see me about the audit? Did I make a mistake? Maybe I should call tomorrow and check in with her about the audit are the fp thoughts which I will not act on. This is a very painful and strong fp in me of perfectionism. Going deeper this brings me to my fp of rage and despair. I have committed with the support of the serenity prayer to challenge this fear and know that I am capable in doing it otherwise the universe would not have given me this opportunity.

With love,
Soula.

Posted 8 years ago

Soula,

Thank you for sharing this. It has inspired me to reflect on some emotionally charged interactions I have been having with several different coworkers. I need to find that place of integrity and stand there.

Love Doug

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Doug,

When I imagine the song it supports me with cultivating the perspective of a loving part of my personality. I feel gratitude for these souls that trigger this frightened part of my personality giving me the opportunity to challenge it.

What I experienced when I sent a response with the intention of coming from a place of integrity was an experience of feeling closer, more connected to my friend. Until then I didn’t realize the distance I was creating with him from a frightened part of my personality. Even though he quickly responded to me at first from a LP of his personality, then from a FP, I remain feeling a soul to soul connection with him that I wasn’t feeling before.
Love,
Kristen

Posted 8 years ago

Sharon,
Great question….”Focusing on what I can learn about myself.” I notice this FP wants me to feel like a victim, blaming guys for my FP pain. When I bring the focus back onto myself and look for the opportunity to learn something about myself and to challenge a FP of my personality then it brings me the chance to heal rather than remain stuck in a cycle of fear/pain.

Love,
Kristen

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Soula,

What physical sensations do you notice in your body?

What do you notice when you ask yourself this question… “How could I be in integrity in this interaction?”

Love,
Kristen

Posted 8 years ago

Dear Kristen, Doug, Sharon, and Soula,

I had a fp come up in myself this morning as my overnight shift came to an end. My co-worker with whom I work closely overnight, has many challenges in her life with regard to supporting her large family on one income. I have given her some appliances and furniture that she badly needed and I felt that I could share without attachment to the outcome. I have been planning to share an extra bed that I have with my youngest daughter and her partner and my co-worker and daughter were going to share the use of a rented truck on a weekend in the near future so that they could come and get these things of which they are in need. When I spoke this morning to my co-worker about establishing a date to get together on this and move forward, she shared with me that garnishments have recently come up on her paycheck and that this will prevent her from being able to afford the rental vehicle before the end of July. She also shared that she was not sure that she would be able to keep herself and her family in the home that they have recently rented. I told her that I would go ahead and tell my daughter that she may want to rent the vehicle by herself at this time for the transportation of the bed. My co-worker went back to reading the morning paper but I noticed that she was having nasal drainage, and I thought that she may have become emotional with thoughts coming up from fear about her situation. I had strong fps that wanted to say consoling, care taking words to her, but I went on with my work. I have been reading, “The Heart of the Soul”, and last night I had read the chapter on Perfectionism and how every situation is perfect given the choices that individuals, and myself, have made. This is a situation in which I can refer myself to the Serenity Prayer and the exploration work that I did with it. I find it difficult to let go of attachment to the outcome for my co-worker and her family and to trust the Universe. Right now, I feel constriction in my heart area and a burning on the left side of my throat.

I am grateful, Soula, for your courage. I have recently had to use my courage in voicing things that I felt needed to be said to my nurse manager at work with regard to a policy of resident care that I feel may not be in the best interest for their health. It is one which seems to be, “set in stone”, by our physicians. I cannot change the policy, but I have drawn attention to some things that we may do to help to get a better outcome some of the time. I had fps come up with regard to an email that I sent to my manager, but when I came back to work the next night, I found that she had emailed me to ask me to continue doing what I had been implementing, and that she would advise other nurses within our unit to watch for opportunities to do this as well.

Love,
Cindy

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Cindy,

I appreciate very much your sharing about the different ways you are creating authentic power. It might be possible that the best thing to do at this point with regard to your co-worker is to spend time feeling what is happening in your body and then open up to support the Universe may be sending you.

Love,

Sharon

Posted 8 years ago

I am having the opportunity to really feel fps that got triggered when I said what I needed to say to one of my adult children. I felt I was in my integrity in sharing with this daughter what I was noticing in her… a familiar fp that is very critical, abrupt and judgmental. One that has cost her work opportunities in the past. What surprised me was the pain I felt in my heart/chest, crushing constriction, and tightening in my throat when she responded in anger. My fps alarm started going off saying… “Look what you’ve done, she won’t trust or like you. You’ve damaged your relationship.” At the same time I knew clearly I would not have been in my integrity had I said nothing and ignored what I was sensing. What an opportunity to feel deeply fps that want to be liked and feel safe (not rock the boat).

With love… Cheryl

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Kristen,

I feel this pain as a deep tightness in my throat and solar plexus area and pounding in the right side of my brain when I,m having the obsessive thoughts. A small burning in my heart. I know that I was used my courage to be in integrity with my boss yesterday. The universe supported me in being integrity with myself. I took that opportunity to take responsibility for the fp and how I could challenge it. My steps were I shared about it on this community board yesterday. Then I decided to go the gym with the intention to challenge this fp energy and not to distract myself. I felt the fp of shame when I walked into the gym. I looked around at the people as souls each with their own earth suits as a perspective I choose to challenge this fp. I noticed becoming present and more focused. The shame fp usually feels like a pressure around my eyes and centre of my forehead and blurry. I enjoyed my workout. I later wrote to some spiritual partners. These steps were a healing balm. They were the creation of authentic power. My body felt much more relaxed, the obsessive thoughts and pounding had left and I felt gratitude and connection with my soul.

Doug and Cindy,

I would love to hear about how you are choosing integrity with your interactions with your co workers.

With Love,
Soula.

Posted 8 years ago

Soula,

Today I will have to share my intentions until I have another interaction with them. I feel I am out of my integrity to talk about one coworker to another. To share what I think other coworkers agendas or intentions are. I can’t change what others think, say, or do so criticizing them is just my bid for external power at their expense. In my interactions with all my coworkers my intention is to stay focused on what I think, say, or do.

In my interactions with those that I have been back stabbing I have tried to avoid a direct power struggle by listening to their complaints, at times comissurating, and leaving them with little clue where I really stand. I was not being in my integrity. My intention is to challenge my fear and simple share my thoughts and plans.

Love Doug

Posted 8 years ago

I just read what you are learning about Integrity and I am challenging a fp that feels I have nothing to share. On a spiritual partnership (sp) call on Saturday, I was sharing about my neighbor and the connection he feels with me because he feels our conversations are different than his conversations with others. As I was sharing on the call, I mentioned that my intention was to nurture our connection. A spiritual partner supported me by asking if “nurturing” was coming from love or fear. I scanned my body and I immediately recognized that it was coming from fear and that wants to change him so that it feel safe. I felt tightness/burning in my throat, heart and solar plexus. I am grateful for the support that I received. I do remember scanning during our call and I recognize that at that moment I was not. I have been reminded of the importance for me to remain aware of my energy centers by scanning.

Love, Carol Ann

Posted 8 years ago

Soula,

This morning, I attended a “skills fair” at work after my overnight shift. I enjoyed interacting with others as I went around to the various stations where we reviewed nursing skills. I did catch myself in a fp that wanted attention. I wanted to say something “cute, or funny” when 3 or 4 of us were participating together. It was not something that would have been, “inappropriate, or wrong”, but I was able to recognize that I might want to stop myself. I am unable to say what I felt in my body at that moment, but I do know that it was coming from an attention seeking fp, because I had some difficulty with stopping myself from saying it, and that alerted me to the fact that it was a fp that wanted to engage the attention of others.

A couple of weeks ago, I was walking through a corridor outside of the unit where I work in long term care, and so I was passing through another unit. As I was coming upon the nurse’s station there, I noticed one of the residents having words with the medication aide who works that unit overnight. The resident was displaying fps of anger with her words. I stopped in the corridor, within view of the medication aide, and listened as the interaction went on and then was completed. The aide, then, came over to me and was telling me about the interaction. She had some fps of frustration which she voiced to me. There was not any action that I needed to take. I was able to be conscious with my choice of words, and to be in support of her without care-taking or making anyone wrong.

On my unit, I work with a nursing aide two weekends a month whom I have, in the past several months, had to pay attention to, to insure that certain aspects of her job are being fulfilled. She had fps that wanted to rebel, but more recently, it seems that we are able to work together better. I am continuing to work with myself with regard to coming from lps when I find it necessary to give instruction to others with regard to things which need to be corrected in the way that they are being completed, (or when they are not getting completed). I have had two times recently when fps were activated in me when I was interacting with staff. During both times, I believe that I did my best to choose words from lps. After one of the times, when something had come up at the end of my shift with my co-worker and she had left the unit for the day, I spoke from my fps and voiced frustration to the on-coming nurse. I new that I should not be doing that. I intend to continue working with myself so that I challenge those parts when they feel that they must, “vent”, frustration.

I have been working with myself throughout my days recently, to feel my emotional centers when I am feeling, “uptight”, and to relax and let go of this way of being that is so familiar. I feel the pain of tightness mostly in my solar plexus and down in the abdominal area lower than that. It can be in the middle of my chest area also. Working with myself to notice this and to let my body relax, is helping.

With my thoughts, in regard to these feelings, and at my workplace, I have been considering that the fp thinks that things must be a certain way, and done, “right”. I know that with regard to my nursing work that things do need to be completed in manner which will assist the health of the people whom I serve at my job, but I intend to work to get to the bottom of the fp, (understand it and feel the pain fully),so that when I communicate with others, I am able to do so from loving parts.

Thank you for asking me to share with you.

Love,
Cindy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.