Landing Forums Introduce Yourself hello from sundar

Introduce Yourself

Topic: hello from sundar - Sundar Naga Started 9 years, 5 months ago

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Posted 9 years ago

Hello everybody! Excited to be in the Life School! Looking forward to spiritual partnerships with you all.

Posted 9 years ago

I was just listening to the video where Gary answers the following question, “Why does challenging anger bring more anger?”. In one context Gary utters a word that sounds something like ‘somatically’. As I am not aware of the word, I am unable to decipher it. Can someone tell me what this word is?

The context is: The Universe begins to create with you – it is a co-creation – more and more circumstances that will irritate you, that will cause you to feel angry, that will cause you to want to judge others and to blame others. And, each time you feel these things ‘somatically'(?), which means in terms of your body and in terms of your thoughts, intellectually, you challenge this part of your personality, it loses its control over you. And, the more you challenge it, the more its control over you disintegrates, and eventually it disappears.

Thank you in advance for responding.

Posted 9 years ago

Sundar, Thanks for posting this question. If Gary used the word “somatically,” that would indeed mean “of the body.” As I understand him (without remembering this particular video), the point is that, when we react to something in anger or fear or pleasure or any another emotion, we need to pay attention first to sensations in our body. For me, it is a grounding experience. It is very important to be aware of my body’s sensations because this awareness will help me move out of my mind and connect with my rich, powerful, informative emotions rather than remain trapped by my shallow, sterile thoughts. Once I become aware of my emotions (which are first manifested as bodily sensations), I can start learning about myself and transform myself by creating authentic power. As Gary likes to say, there is a great distance from our heads to our hearts! And emotions are messages from our soul.

Would you like to share what was special for you about Gary’s response to the question that challenging anger brings more anger? Have you had an experience of anger bringing on more anger?

With love,
Catherine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.