Landing Forums Intention Gossip and Integrity

Intention

Topic: Gossip and Integrity - Deb Started 11 years, 8 months ago

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Posted 12 years ago

My boss has concerns about people knowing of his whereabouts, so I strive to be discreet when I am asked questions about his activities, which isn’t always easy because many of his colleagues need to know where he is so that they can schedule conference calls, ask him a question pertaining to a case or client, etc. This past week, my boss traveled somewhere on business and this is the first time that he booked his own flights/hotel and did not supply me with an itinerary. I asked him when he would be back in the office again, but he chose not to tell me.

Another attorney whom I work for and that works closely with my other boss needed to know when he would be back in the office because he needed to talk to him about a case. This boss had left messages to have my other boss contact him and had not heard from him. I proceeded to tell him that my other boss’s wife called and also had left been trying to reach him and that he wasn’t calling her back either. Immediately after I told him that, I felt pain in my body; right now, I’m not sure if it was in my third or fourth energy centers, but I do remember feeling the pain. I then told my other boss that I hoped it didn’t sound like I was gossiping and he said no, and that he would keep what I said to himself, but I realized that I was not in my integrity when I told him about my other boss’s wife’s inability to reach her husband.

I clearly see now that I was in a frightened place that wanted to feel closer to someone by commiserating with them about another person. I believe I also wanted to show that I knew something else about my boss. I’m glad I saw this in myself because I do want to be in my integrity and want to challenge that frightened parts that isn’t coming from a loving place when it shares information that may not be necessary to share with others. I also see the need for me to be aware of my intention when I share with others.

Posted 12 years ago

Hi Deb – Thanks for sharing what you are learning about yourself. I was with my daughter a couple weeks ago and I noticed that we were gossiping about another family member. I told that I noticed we were gossiping and didn’t want to do that. She agreed but an hour later she started gossiping again. I told that she was gossiping and I thought we were not going to do that anymore. She laughed and said she loves to gossip and I didn’t know what to do so I didn’t say anything. Now I can see that I had a frightened part of my personality that was attached to her not gossiping and being the way that I want her to be. She will be visiting again in the next week or two with her children and I will practice creating Authentic Power by making the choice not to gossip and letting her know that it is her choice to gossip but I won’t be a part of this activity. I am noticing a frightened part coming up right now that is worried she won’t like me or want to be around me if I am direct with her…interesting. thanks for starting this conversation.
Love
Lori

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.