Landing Forums General Discussion Giving the Gifts I was born to give

General Discussion

Topic: Giving the Gifts I was born to give - Pam Meyer Started 7 years, 11 months ago

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Posted 8 years ago

Hello Everyone, I shared this experience on our LS Call today, but I’d like to share it on this Community Board also. When Gary and Linda spoke about the Serenity Prayer on last month’s LS Call, I heard especially the words of Gary’s version on this prayer about giving the gifts I was born to give. What I’ve connected even deeper, is how challenging fps opens the channel, not just to awareness of those gifts, but also to the opportunity to share those gifts with others. My youngest daughter is an English teacher in a small, rural community in Indiana. Most of the children she teaches are from one parent families who struggle with many of life’s challenges. She had added a book called the “Glass Castle” to her reading list. It is about rising above being a “victim”, and asked me to speak to her freshman classes about my struggles growing up in a “dysfunctional” family. At first I was delighted and excited to talk with her students. A lp was active about the opportunity to share with these young people. But slowly fps began to creep into my thoughts – I had just returned from a trip to the west coast and I was still somewhat jet lagged and tired, I had to drive 3 hours one way to get to her school, what would I have to share with freshman high school students,…there were more, but all fps that wanted me to doubt that what I could share with them was that important. I knew pretty quickly they were fps, I felt pressure in my chest and solar plexus, but I made the choice to not follow their directive. I set my intention to do my best, and prayed/asked for support from my spiritual guides and teachers, and was excited to see what would happen. What a powerful, generous, loving response I got from the Universe! I spoke with 65-70 young men and women that day. I talked with them about how learning to create authentic power had changed my life. I talked about having choices, about being more than a personality, about the true purpose of our lives here on earth. I took 30 copies of the Authentic Power Guidelines with me and just offered them as the tools which helped me see what was possible in my own life. We had to make more copies twice; almost everyone wanted one. After I spoke, many of the students came up afterward and wanted to continue to share with me about their lives and challenges. One young man talked with me for about 20 minutes, sharing how he had recently overcome drug and alcohol addiction, that his mother has had little involvement in his life, how his father passed away last year after a long illness. He talked about how hearing that he could make choices reaffirmed for him what he has been trying to do in his life – reach beyond the critical judgments others had placed on him (his words) – or reach beyond the perspectives of a fp (my words). After he left, I asked my daughter if he spoke that much in class. She said “Mom, he never says anything in class”. Wow!!! I don’t have words to describe how I felt. The best I can do is to say that I knew in the deepest part of my heart and soul that I had shared the gifts I was born to give with thes young people. Challenging the fps that would have denied me this blessed experience, reaffirmed for me the power of love to change myself and the world. I am so grateful! Blessings, Pam

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Pam, I appreciate your sharing about what you learned about yourself when you accepted and shared you experiences with the school children.

Earlier this month, I created an opportunity to share a meaningful life experience that I had in April. I will share with my church congregation on June 12th and your sharing is supporting me to challenge that frightened part that feels so small that it wants to be invisible. I am grateful that I created this opportunity and I am looking forward to what I learn about myself.

With love, Carol Ann

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Pam,

Thank you sharing this powerful and amazing experience of saying “yes” and co-creating with the Universe!! Your sharing supported me in saying yes to a recent invitation. Although it wasn’t to speak or share an experience, I noticed similar fps that were coming up with reasons to say no. My intuition reminded me of you challenging your fps, and I did the same. My intention is to be open and to connect with everyone as souls.

Carol Ann, I look forward to hearing how your experience goes and what you learn about yourself.

Love,
Roxanne

Posted 8 years ago

Pam,

Thank you for sharing this powerful experience on the LS call and here on the community board.

About how long did you talk to the children to convey the message? The effect on the young man who talked with you for about 20 mins afterward is very impressive.

With love and trust,
Sundar

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Sundar, I spoke with 3 classes for about 35 minutes each, and then afterwards also. Amazing what love can achieve in a short amount of time. One word can have the power of an atom. πŸ™‚ Love, Pam

Posted 8 years ago

Thank you Pam for sharing your story again here on the forum. I am very touched by many parts of it. Your daughter loving you and believing in you and understanding that the gifts you have to offer could change the lives of her students is inspiring –as well as you challenging your fps and reaffirming the power of love in your life and the world.
Love, Steph

Posted 8 years ago

Pam,

Just 35 minutes! Wow! It has had such an amazing effect on the HS freshmen!

I understand you talked about having choices, about being more than a personality, about the true purpose of our lives here on earth. If possible, can you elaborate and indicate the points you made to them regarding Gary’s teachings? Thank you.

With love and trust,
Sundar

Posted 8 years ago

Pam,

What a powerful share. I could feel tears of gratitude starting to come up as I imagined that young man getting support from the Universe through you that he is on the right path in challenging his fears to change his life. What an impact you had on the others as well. No doubt there are many other lives you have affected that you may not even be aware of. I intend to remember this share when I feel afraid and believe I don’t have anything to offer.

~David

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.