Landing Forums Responsible Choice From fear to responsible choice

Responsible Choice

Topic: From fear to responsible choice - Carol Ann Jorgensen Started 10 years, 6 months ago

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Posted 11 years ago

A year ago, an acquaintance hesitantly mentioned to me that she was moving to my area as her husband was being transferred in his job. I told her that I was happy that she was coming to my area as we could collaborate. We are both massage therapists and are instructors for the same integrative therapy modality. She then shared that they were looking at a house which was 5 miles up the road from me. In the area I live in that is a close neighbor. The house remained “For Sale” for the year. My mentee mentioned to me in September that Jeanne had bought a house in my area. The “For Sale” sign remained. At convention October 3, Jeanne told me that they closed on the house that morning before she drove to convention. I noticed tightness in my throat but shared with her “how nice it is going to be to have her as a neighbor”. She moved a couple of weeks later. I did not contact her upon her arrival. Monday morning she emailed me to schedule an appointment for a massage/healing touch session. I didn’t get back to her so she called me that evening. We scheduled exchange appointments. She came this morning for her session. I welcomed her. After she left, I noticed frightened part thoughts. “There isn’t enough clients for both of us”. “I feel responsible for her”, “Why is this coming into my life.” The pain was excruciating: feeling strangulation in my throat, burning in my heart, solar plexus feels crushing. I am grateful that I am recognizing this frightened part that keeps me separate through its judgment and blame. My healhy parts are recognizing that I am being given an opportunity to heal this frightened part once and for all. My intention is to open to Jeanne and to heal this frightened part that limits my perspective and does not allow me to see and experience collaboration through harmony, cooperation, sharing and reverence for life.

With gratitude, Carol Ann

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.