Landing Forums General Discussion Feeling supported by the Universe

General Discussion

Topic: Feeling supported by the Universe - Cindy Started 8 years, 7 months ago

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Posted 9 years ago

I am grateful for the support of the Universe in the way that things played out at work last night on my overnight shift as a nurse with dementia patients. I generally do not speak my words at rapid fire pace. A nurse on another shift is very quick with coming up with her words. I have felt in recent weeks that there is tension building in our relationship. I have been looking into what my intentions have been since working on the unit and with this nurse for almost six months. I have been working to change the way in which I communicate some things and considering my intention in my communications. I have been working to remember that we are souls working within the Illusion and that everything between us serves the spiritual growth of each of us. I have been working to remember that Love is the true connection between us always. She was unhappy with the way that I did something a few days ago. One of our unit managers came to see me late last night while I was working. He has never shown up on my shift without having something specific to communicate with me or with myself and the aid who works with me. When he came onto the unit last night, I was pretty sure that I would hear about the issue that the other nurse had been displeased with me about. He sat down and began to just chat about the unit in general. One of my residents got out of bed and came out of her room right then, and began to wander the unit. I watched as she entered the room right next to hers, which was a potentially dangerous thing for her to do. I got up out of my chair and left the manager mid-sentence and began to run down the hallway, guide the woman out of the room next to hers and safely back to her own bed. When I got back to the nurses’ station, the manager was gone and had left me a note thanking me for the chewing gum he’d asked me for. This morning when I called him to apologize about leaving him last night, he said he had just been at work and decided to see how things were going. He said that everything was fine and for me to get some rest. I feel supported by the Universe in the way that things occurred and I believe that my manager may have been glad to have seen me leave him and quickly take care of my residents.

Posted 9 years ago

Hello Cindy,

Thank you for sharing this incident. It is one more great example that helps me to cherish my trust in the Universe. I really loved to read you say: “I have been working to remember that we are souls working within the Illusion and that everything between us serves the spiritual growth of each of us. I have been working to remember that Love is the true connection between us always.” Very powerful!!

With love and trust,
Sundar

Posted 9 years ago

Hello Sundar,

I appreciate your response. Just this morning, as I was giving change of shift report to the oncoming nurse, I took a moment within our communications together and mentally reminded myself that Love is what is Real between us. I feel that I recognized better connections between us today than I have seen in a while. Also, after work and in the town in which I live, I stopped by to see my youngest daughter who works at a burger and fries restaurant. We were very close when she was growing up but over the past three years other influences often prevent her from sharing closeness with me. I have to stop myself and take time to recognize and consider the difficulties that she faces. This morning as she was bringing me my food, I mentally made the recognition that Love is what is real between us. Again, I was blessed by my daughter’s response and could see that things shifted for us within our interaction. I have so much work to do to become conscious and to create authentic power all of the time. I have a lot of difficulty with being able to focus on my emotional awareness and to apply the spiritual guidelines when I am conversing with others. Yet, I am encouraged with small blessings as they come forth!

Looking forward to continuing on the path with you,
Cindy

P.S. I just reread my earlier entry and had to stop a minute to be able to recall what had occurred the other day that my coworker chose to be unhappy about. I am glad to see that I had to stop and think about it because a more usual response from me might have found it to still have been more at the forefront of my mind. I remember Gary saying in one of the books, probably, “The Seat of the Soul”, that Love has no memory of fear. I have wondered at times, just what that means, what that experience would be like. I am encouraged that perhaps because I am working to focus more on Love and my Practice, that I have more easily let go of what had occurred and moved forward in my relationship with my coworker. <3 (that’s supposed to look like a heart!) πŸ™‚

Posted 9 years ago

Hello Cindy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with your daughter.

My experiences have been similar. Unlike what I used to be, I now try to keep in mind, like you, that love is all that exists between me and those that I interact with and love is the only thing that is real, and correspondingly attempt to act or say in as much love as possible at the moment. Although I do deviate from this vertical path, my attempts have allowed me to watch the changes that seem to have automatically occurred in those I interact with constantly. They have allowed me to see that I am the one who must change, whereas earlier I was expecting others around me to change. How true are Gary’s words of wisdom: My interactions form the substance of my spiritual growth since they provide me the opportunities to develop emotional awareness and to make responsible choices! And, it is so encouraging that the Universe is never wrong in the way It operates.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.