Landing Forums Emotional Awareness Feeling in my body

Emotional Awareness

Topic: Feeling in my body - Kristen Richardson Started 8 years, 5 months ago

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Posted 8 years ago

I awoke this morning allowing myself to feel the physical sensations in my body that go along with the frightened part of my personality that “misses people.” In allowing myself to feel the physical sensations in my body, I realize how much in my life I have tried to avoid feeling this pain. This is a new awareness for me. I feel a deep squeezing pain to the scapula areas of my back. I feel a tightness at my upper hamstrings where I have chronic pain from injuries. My jaw feels tight. I feel a heaviness over my entire body. My heart feels heavy and tight closing in from the outside inward. My lower back feels weak. My solar plexus feels tense all over.

I am grateful for this awareness and for allowing myself to be with the physical sensations. This allows me to connect dots in my life of choices I have made trying to avoid feeling this pain.

Love,
Kristen

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for having the courage to share your experience. I have read and reread your experience because it resonates with me. What a beautiful awareness, to have the opportunity to witness something with a beginners mind.

I’ve been going through a similar experience. When my FP are activated and the pain comes up, my initial reaction is to avoid it or numb it. Earlier this week I felt so much pain, it felt like my throat, chest, and solar plexus were all made of stone. I noticed that I wasn’t sitting with the pain and at a sub conscious level I was finding anyway possible to avoid being with the pain.

Fortunately I was able to challenge the FP that wanted me to avoid. I sat with the pain, without judgement, and felt it and allowed it to just be. Eventually, I felt the intensity dissipate. The FP’s and pain are recurring and I believe it’s to provide me with practice. I’ve been accessing my LP’s and viewing even my FP’s as blessings.

With love,
Souha

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Souha,

I resonate when you described the physical sensations of the frightened parts of your personality as feeling ‘made of stone.’ I also love when you said the FP pain is recurring to provide you with practice….yes indeed it is practice for me also…..practicing being aware of the pain and not believing the FP thoughts…that is my practice. All too often I believe the thoughts, the perspective of the frightened part of my personality. I love when I remember to challenge the FP and access the most loving, healthy perspective I can bring into the moment. I enjoy sharing the journey with you.

Love,
Kristen

Posted 8 years ago

Hi Kristen,

I enjoy sharing the journey with you as well. I feel honored to be able to provide support and to be supported. Thank you for being generous with your sharing.

Love,
Souha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.