Landing Forums Responsible Choice Family

Responsible Choice

Topic: Family - Pam Meyer Started 10 years, 6 months ago

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
Posted 10 years ago

Hi carol, nice to connect with you again! Yes, I do believe I have an attachment to being a victim. I would like to let this part of me lose its hold on me. I will continue to bring emotional awareness and make responsible choice, because I see it come up in many areas of my life. Lots of love and thanks,
Stephanie

Posted 10 years ago

Hi Stephanie, do you know the intention of the frightened part that is attached to feeling like a victim? With love, Rosalind

Posted 10 years ago

To get love and attention! The way it knows how to do that is by being a victim and having a crisis

Posted 10 years ago

Hi Stephanie, I appreciate your looking deeper and sharing your response to Rosalind’s question. It gave me clarity as to my victim frightened part. It creates a crisis in me to get attention. It hasn’t worked for me for the last five years in my new relationship. My new husband doesn’t get triggered by my frightened part victim so it doesn’t get me attention. I also don’t feel in the past when it worked to get attention from my former husband that it didn’t get me love either. I feel it actually brought disharmony to our relationship. I am feeling burning in my heart and throbbing in my throat as I am re-experiencing this frightened part and how it controlled my life for so many years. What is coming up for me as I am writing this is as a child my father would always tell me “no” when I asked for something or do something with my friends. I learned that if I went into a victim role and go into my bedroom and cry (manipulation), that I would get my way. I am seeing that is one of the ways I learned to manipulate in my first marriage also. I have gratitude for our sharing as I have discovered the power I gave to these (victim and manipulation) frightened parts of my personality.

In gratitude, Carol Ann

Posted 8 years ago

As a grandmother, these posts on family help me to see how I judge my grandson and his parents. He is only 2 1/2 and demands help when putting on shoes, getting dressed, etc. He can do all of this on his own, but it does take some effort. When he has a tantrum with me, I blame his parents for not following through. I have fear that he is going to either ignore me or explode when asked to do something. There are parts of me who want to be the best teacher and grandmother, so I also judge myself.I am setting my intention to see him as a beautiful soul, who is equal to me in all ways. And to focus for love and joy in our interactions and not having my worth based on whether he puts his shoes on without a fuss.

Posted 8 years ago

Kathy, your reminder about seeing anyone who triggers my fps as “a beautiful soul who is equal to me in all ways” is so supportive — it is a powerful intention for me to set. Thank you for sharing it.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.