Landing Forums General Discussion Experimenting

General Discussion

Topic: Experimenting - Started 9 years, 3 months ago

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Posted 9 years ago

One thing that came up for me after I posted about isolation is that sometimes I get so overwhelmed to the point where I want to give up because I can’t do it perfectly right away. I feel like I want to be perfect at practicing intimacy, and sometimes the realization that I’m not going to be “perfect” at it makes me feel like it’s not even worth trying. So I tend to give up and not practice at all. And I shut down a lot of times. Noticing my need to be perfect, I felt tightness in my shoulders, a fluttery quick feeling in my solar plexus, and a headache around my forehead.

After sitting with the feeling for a minute. I had the thought “I’m willing to not be perfect at this.” And then I ended up watching a video where Gary said, “Reach for the most loving thing you can do in that moment when you’re challenging your frightened part.” That was such an AHA moment for me. Just REACH for the best I can do in the moment. I realized that it’s not about perfection, it’s about practice and doing my best with my intention.

So, this is experimenting!

Posted 9 years ago

When I am overwhelmed I get things done really slow.At least I am getting my work done and I am taking care of me.I’m not perfect but I am making progress.

Posted 9 years ago

I am sharing about my experience for the past few weeks here because I noticed that this practice really helped me stay centered during times that I had frightened parts come up that wanted to start believing that I was overwhelmed.
I spent the last few weeks experimenting with being a secret angel to people in my life. I was inspired by this year’s Journey to the Soul experiment with being a secret angel.

The first insight came to me when I was thinking of who I would do loving things for.
I realized that I really wanted to be a secret angel for everyone I encounter and everyone I know of.

I began by approaching this with the idea that I would do loving things for people anonymously. One thing I would do is send loving energy to specific people during my morning meditation.

Eventually, while I was thinking of things to do for people, it came to me (or I remembered) that the point of the secret angel exercise is not to do loving things anonymously. The point is to do loving things without expecting anything in return.

So, I started adding loving things that were not anonymous but were a little ‘extra’ than what I usually do.
I enjoyed doing this but I did notice a couple of times a frightened part of my personality would have some attachment to the recipient responding in a certain way.
It was good to see how there was a difference when I knew the people knew I was doing it.

I had a lot of fun thinking of things to do.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.