Landing Forums General Discussion driving with the windshield painted black

General Discussion

Topic: driving with the windshield painted black - Sundar Naga Started 5 years, 10 months ago

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Posted 6 years ago

Dear spiritual partners,

I have been again reading Gary’s book Spiritual Partnership. The following in Chapter 4, The Butterfly Effect, impressed me so much this time that I thought of sharing it here.

Using my creative power without knowing my intentions is like driving a car with the windshield painted black. I travel, but I do not know where. I expect to arrive at a destination, but when I get out of the car (or the car crashes into something), I discover that where I thought I was going and where I went are different.

Most people drive with the windshield painted black, for example, the husband who provides his wife with home and security and then becomes angry when she does not provide him comfort and sex on demand.

If I think my windshield is clear, I have to ask myself how many times I have felt angry, or at least miffed, when someone dismissed a gift that I gave, or threw it away. (“Another sweater? I’ve got one already and you know I don’t like brown.”) Those experiences always signal the presence of an intention that I was not aware of, one that is different from the intention I thought I held.

Driving with the windshield painted black! What a powerful analogy! Very scary.

Thank you Gary!

With love and trust,
Sundar Naga

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.