Landing Forums General Discussion Connection

General Discussion

Topic: Connection - David Started 7 years, 11 months ago

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Posted 8 years ago

This week, I was exploring a life lesson on Integrity and it described one of the attributes of Integrity as feeling connected to people no matter what else is going on. That’s been my focus most of the week. Am I feeling connected?

I went to a doctor’s appointment a few days ago with an ailment that although not serious, was painfully distracting me throughout the day. It had been going on for several weeks. When I arrived I was not aware that a frightened part of my personality was already active that was in ‘task mode’ just wanting it to be over, be healed and pain free. A nurse checked me in, asked me to get on the scale, checked my height and asked some clarifying questions prior to seeing the doctor. I recall that when I met her, I smiled and said hello. She seemed friendly, but actually I was not connected to her. I was just going through the motions, trying to get through the process to see the doctor. After she left the room, as I waited for the doctor, I ‘woke up’ and realized that I had just been speaking with this person with no connection to at all. I was not in my integrity. I then set my intention to continue to notice what was going on with me and intentionally choose to connect. As the doctor arrived, I felt more connected to him and I slowed down enough when speaking with the receptionist who was scheduling my follow-up appointment to feel connected to her. It felt good to do something different instead of going through the motions and rush on to the next thing.

Checking in to see if I’m feeling connected is a helpful way for me to notice if I am in my integrity, cultivating loving parts of my personality and creating Authentic Power.

~David

Posted 8 years ago

David,

This was so interesting for me to read. I too have noticed that being in my integrity is linked to feeling connected to others. When I am in a FP and as you say “task mode” I only see things through that FP. I am not experiencing anything in the moment and can see how that prevents a connection with another person or even may be pushing them away and I have lost the opprotunity to see/experience something form a different perspective other than the FP’s perspective of it’s beliefs.

Patrice

Posted 8 years ago

Hi David,

Your sharing about feeling connected no matter what is going on was very supportive to me this morning. I read it right after I came to work and set the intention to choose to connect with each person during the day. Now it is lunch time and during this morning I have taken the time with each person to stay connected. It has made this time so rich. Thank you for the reminder.

Love, Sharon

Posted 8 years ago

Hi David, Thank you for your sharing on being connected. This morning as I was leaving home with my “To Do” shopping list I added “be in my Integrity” to my list. That changed my whole perspective on what it means for me to complete my list. I enjoyed myself and felt connected with those I interacted with.

Love, Carol Ann

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.