Landing Forums Responsible Choice Choosing in the grip of deep pain

Responsible Choice

Topic: Choosing in the grip of deep pain - Pam Meyer Started 11 years, 1 month ago

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Posted 11 years ago

I have a recurring disagreement with someone in my family, and it came up once again this week. It’s familiarity has etched painful grooves in the way we relate. It seemed that this time was more painful than ever, but what I realized is that I am more open to experiencing this pain. And in the midst of this pain/fp that wanted me to lash out and justify my fp’s feelings, I was able to ever so slightly muster the courage to challenge my past ways of reacting, and set my intnetion to do the very best I could do to reapond from love instead. I was able to step back just a bit and watch what I was thinking and feeling. The anger that came up was pretty intense, but I was able to change that energy by my intention and will to do differently. The will to honor this gift of my life and make a choice that adds positively to my life. The most exciting part for me was to be in the grip of this anger, but understand that I have the power, the ability to choose to consciously decide how I would respond.. I don’t think I have ever before been so angry and yet able to control the energy I acted with. It was a powerful moment!! Namaste, Pam

Posted 11 years ago

Hi Pam,
Congratulations! How exciting for you, and in the larger sense, for the world! I believe this is how we change the world, addressing one frightened part at a time! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. The ripple effects of your actions or non-actions, (your ability to choose love instead of fear) are powerful and far reaching. The fact that you chose to share them on this site is also powerful and far reaching. Thank you for sharing your experience. It is an inspiration!
Namaste,
Mary

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.