Landing Forums Intention Challenging Not Capable

Intention

Topic: Challenging Not Capable - Cheryl Started 11 years, 8 months ago

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Posted 12 years ago

In the process of doing a remodel in my home, I am noticing a fearful part of me which looks to others to tell me what to do, which counter choice to make, which is the best choice. Familiar fearful parts. What is surprising to me is finding under that frightened part another that doesn’t want to do the research work to make my own decision. Under that I sense fear of not being capable. I feel tightness, constriction in my throat, chest (almost holding my breath),solar plexus, and second energy centers around not wanting to do the research/work. Not feeling capable feels terrifying with these centers going rigid or numb. I am challenging these fearful parts by setting the intention to experiment with my own research and now doing it. Accessing my intuition has been helpful. I had not thought of speaking with a stone refurbisher. Cultivating gratitude for what I am learning and the opportunity to connect with all these folks is bringing curiosity and joy to this process.

Posted 12 years ago

My husband and I just redid our bathroom. In reading your post it made me aware that I was not honest with myself in looking at the feelings and emotions which came to light during that time. My husband was angry with a worker he hired and I could see this worker was doing the best he could do with the people involved. I acted as the go between of two different personalities wishing all the time they would just drop it. So, was that superiority or just an awareness?

Posted 12 years ago

Hi Mary Beth. It could have been both. Can you go back to the situation and remember or re-experience what you were feeling? Do you feel discomfort in your body? If so that is a signal frightened parts are active. Perhaps frightened parts that are judging/superior. I have experienced that dynamic of being aware of others in a power struggle or with fearful (judging) parts active. The question for me is what is going on inside of me? Am I judging, people pleasing, detached,superior, equal?
Cheryl

Posted 12 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I can’t remember my body’s discomfort. IF I did that would help in indicating. Now I remember in the lessons they said to scan the body. Again, thanks for reminding me.

Posted 12 years ago

That’s the wonderful gift of feelings and scanning your body. An in the moment tool for checking whether I am coming from fear or love. Most of the time discomfort, tightness or not, is obvious for me when I scan. Some times it is more subtle and if I’m not sure, I set the intention to stay open to what I might learn and notice. Good connecting with you Mary Beth.

Posted 12 years ago

Hi Mary Beth and Cheryl, I was enjoying the exchange between the two of you. I wanted to share that if or when I am not noticing any discomfort in my energy centers to alert me if a frightened part of my personality is active, I notice my thoughts. If my thoughts are critical,judgmental, blaming or comparing,(fear based), then I know a frightened part of my personality is active. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Love, Gail

Posted 12 years ago

Hi Gail and Mary Beth. Good point Gail, thanks for sharing. While I am often aware of my thoughts when they are judging, blaming, I find noticing my thoughts helps me to find my true intention and discover hidden agendas. Body scan, thought scan… powerful.
With love… Cheryl

Posted 12 years ago

I listened to Gary and Linda on Super Soul Sunday (Oprah’s tv) and I heard them using the word “why”. Maybe I can use “why” to stop me and my “busyness”. OH, listen to this statement I made yesterday regarding the “Blue Angel” home coming show, “Its my opinion that those pilots are wasting fuel demostrating their flying ability.” I didn’t want to argue the point it was just my opinion and I forgot to scan my body but now when I write it my jaws and shoulders tighten. Also, I notice that my tongue goes to the roof of my mouth. So now I ask “why”?

Posted 12 years ago

Hi Mary Beth, I listened to Gary and Linda on Super Soul Sunday as well. The “why” I think they are referring to has to do with Intention or my motivation (the “why”) beneath my words and/or my actions. For example, do you feel it could be a frightened part of your personality that you are not aware of, has some judgment attached to your opinion about the Blue Angels “wasting fuel”, since you noitce that your jaw and shoulders tighten and your tounge shifts to the roof or your mouth as you typed the words? To me, the word “wasting” sounds like a frightened part making a judgment (making someone wrong)rather than simply an observation. Is that possible? It is so good that you are experimenting! Love, Gail

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.