Landing Forums Intention Awareness

Intention

Topic: Awareness - David Started 11 years, 8 months ago

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Posted 12 years ago

I was just reflecting on the statement from the course “When I am unaware of my intentions, my intentions come from fear.” I thought it was interesting that I had a reaction when I read that statement. It was probably a superior frightened part that disagreed with the comment and thoughts that I know that I have both loving and fearful intentions active all the time even if I’m unconscious…But then I thought, since I’m having a reaction about this right now maybe there is something there for me to look at. When I go deeper, I realize that my reaction is because I have frightened parts of my personality that are afraid that I’ll always be unconscious most of the time and I’ll never ‘get there’, the challenge is too big. This is a familiar f.p. I still have to sit with the statement, but I am open to what I can learn about myself from this.

Posted 12 years ago

I challenge myself here as well. Reading, meditating and generally searching for over 35 years and still finding fps. Even when I consciously set my intention, somehow impatience (with myself) finds it’s way into my thinking. I know thoughts and emotions are inextricably connected and as much as I try to first be aware of my thoughts and then consciously choose what I allow to go on in there, old habits and patterns emerge, then an awareness, pain or discomfort reminds me, then the cycle of impatience and loss of self worth. Gary and Linda tell me to feel this and then act as lovingly as possible and the awareness will be enough. Sometimes I just get tired, and I too will just have to sit with it and see what happens.

Posted 12 years ago

I have been on a “search” since 1960s!!!! I get close to that “awareness” and know its there but then all my thoughts or something I read (and think about) gets in the way. Is that making any sense? Like David said (and I feel this way) “I’ll always be unconscious…..” But you know Bob has given me some hope when he said “the awareness will be enough”. At least I now know something (is that my personality or in the 60s it was ego) has stopped me and my intention is to become in line with my soul. Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.