Landing Forums General Discussion Authentic Living in a World that is Focused on External Power

General Discussion

Topic: Authentic Living in a World that is Focused on External Power - Esteban Started 9 years, 4 months ago

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Posted 9 years ago

In my daily living – work, personal relationships, interactions with people in my community – I usually feel like value in the external world and gaining external power is the accepted rule and the expectation. I realize that this is the rule that I’ve unconsciously acceptd most of my life. While I now strive to live my life from another set of rules – those based on authentic power – much of my daily living invloves a world where gaining and protecting external power is the unspoken (or spoken) rule. I then find myself automatically or unconsciously playing by the same common and familiar rule. At some level, I think I have to subscribe to the belief in exteral power if I’m going to be able to compete and to be successful in the world. However, that is not in concert with my soul and my true self.

Any insights or words of wisdom to share?

Esteban

Posted 9 years ago

When I was in elementary school I was in the finals of my school’s skipping rope competition. I can remember feeling excited, energetic, not attached to the outcome as I skipped in almost an effortless way. I lasted the longest and won the competition. With my excitement I shared with my friend about my winning. I remember her face and reply expressing to me her disapproval, envy, and even disdain. I was devastated. The joy I had just felt skipping had been wiped away by her reaction. Needless to say, she was not my friend anymore.

This is an example of the reason I am on the path to create authentic power. I want to cultivate my loving parts like the ones I had while skipping rope, and to challenge my frightened parts that were attached to my friend’s reaction of disapproval so that I can have more joy and love in my life within myself and with others who want the same thing.
This for me is success.

Love,
Soula.

Posted 9 years ago

Esteban,

Yes, no doubt the external power appears to be the accepted rule and the expectation. Applying Gary’s beautiful and powerful spiritual theory of everything, it seems we can understand that this must be the case because the Universe’s Grand Design is such that everyone is required to effect a change from unconscious choices (which always automatically choose external power) to conscious choices (where there is a possibility for choosing authentic power) and that the change requires a whole lot of effort. So, we can expect the unconscious choices to be the norm rather than the conscious, loving choices.

“At some level, I think I have to subscribe to the belief in external power if I’m going to be able to compete and to be successful in the world.” That of course seems to be the feeling that we all develop on various occasions. That is probably also part of the Universe’s Grand Design, if I understand Gary right. Again, applying Gary’s beautiful and powerful spiritual theory of everything, a possible solution appears to be the following. Whenever such a thought occurs, we need to remind ourselves of trusting the Universe. I feel that the above thought, which occurs in me, must be a result of doubting or not trusting the Universe at the moment. I think we need to remind ourselves that as long as we allow our own choice to be controlled by the loving part(s) appropriate to the moment, everything is going be fine, although it might not appear so at the moment. The Universe, being alive and wise and compassionate, will take care of everything. Our conscious, loving choice will not only ensure our own positive karma, but can also have a proper, needed influence on the other person that we are dealing with at the moment, whether a colleague at work, or someone among personal relationships or a friend in the community, namely the person that is after external power through unconscious choice(s). Our exercising authentic power offers an opportunity for the other person after external power to start thinking and take the necessary steps for a change toward authentic power.

With Love and Trust,
Sundar

Posted 9 years ago

Thanks so much Sundar for your words. I know it comes down to trusting the universe, beyond our 5 sensory experience. Sometimes I need to be reminded of this often throughout the day, as my habit is to gravitate towards the rules of external power when I get very busy or stressed in my daily living. It certainly helps to know that we’re on this journey together and face similar challenges as we try to develop the habits of authentic living.

With love, Esteban

Posted 9 years ago

Hi Everyone, Thank you for your sharing. Esteban, your words remind me once again that no matter what situation I find myself involved in, I know that to become authentically empowered I must make conscious choices. And choosing love when making those choices also takes my courage, sometimes every last bit of it I can muster. But what the Universe so generously keeps showing me is that doing so creates a life of fulfillment and joy. What has supported me along this journey are words I frequently have heard Gary & Linda say. – experiment, ask for support, and be gentle with yourself. Using the opportunities in the workplace, at home and with friends to create authentically in my life has shown me my connection to my soul, the divine, in a way I hadn’t experienced before. Welcome to the marvelous journey!! Love, Pam

Posted 9 years ago

Thanks for your encouraging words Pam. Life offers us so many opportunities to choose authentice power and this often takes courage. In the past I often felt like a victum to difficult situations that required difficult choices and courage. Now I often appreciate these difficult situations as opporunities for conscious living and authentic empowerment. Admittedly, sometimes it’s still hard to be appreciative of some circumstances but I feel I’m going in the right direction.
Love to all, Esteban

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.