Landing Forums General Discussion Anger towards a brother

General Discussion

Topic: Anger towards a brother - Started 11 years, 8 months ago

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Posted 12 years ago

I am experiencing a lot of anger towards a brother of mine. I had the temptation to just rage at him and was able in that moment to feel the tremendous pain in my neck, chest and stomach. I know (learned) intellectually that my brother is not the source of my anger but rather simply the trigger of it. The anger lives in me. However, I am not sure where to go from here. I can feel the intense physical pains when I have thoughts of my brother and my perception of him trying to manipulate and control me. But I am at a lose of how I can cultivate loving parts and even what FP of mine is activated. I do actually want distance from him when I feel like his FPs are activated. When they are activated he feels gooey/sticky on me…like I want to wipe him off me and tell him to get away.

any thoughts would be much appreciated.

love,
Eric

Posted 12 years ago

Eric,

Is it possible that it’s a frightened part of your personality that wants distance with your brother and not you that wants distance? How do your the loving parts of your personality want to relate to your brother? What does that feel like?

David

Posted 12 years ago

grrr, thx David for the questions although I am not thrilled about them. πŸ™‚ Yes, I would have to say that it is an FP in me that wants distance from my brother. The loving parts I feel want to just be free to express myself in honesty & integrity. To be able to stay true to me. To not fear a reaction but to accept anything that comes but still offer love. The thought of it makes me feel lighter and more open; mainly in my chest. It feels like being more loving towards my brother is more about being more lovingly toward me; to not ‘betray’ myself by acting in ways that I actually do not want to act.

does that make sense?

thx again for the reply.

Eric

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.